The dental support space continues to unite and strengthen. Group Dentistry Now is the only place to find the complete list of monthly deals to keep you informed on the ever-shifting dental landscape. Here is GDN’s exclusive list of DSO and emerging group deals for April:
Brident Dental & Orthodontics Opens New Office
Brident Dental & Orthodontics, a member of the Sonrava Health family of wellness companies, announced the opening of a new Texas office in the city of Keller, located in Tarrant County, northwest of Fort Worth. Dr. Soohyun Oh is the managing dentist there. Brident Dental & Orthodontics, with its supported affiliates has been expanding access and equity of oral healthcare in 128 dental practices throughout Texas. Sonrava Health is a national family of health and wellness companies – including differentiated dental office brands with more than 560 affiliated offices.
Dental Care Alliance Buys Austell Dental Associates
Austell Dental Associates, a family general dentistry practice based in Austell, Ga, is owned and operated by Richard Gardner. The practice offers dental care services including endodontic and periodontic care. It has served the Austell community for over 40 years. DCA supports 400+ locations in 22 states. Mandy Gast is VP of business development at DCA. The transaction was led by Kevin Sauer, Director of Mergers & Acquisitions at TUSK Partners.
Smile Doctors Acquires Grinz Orthodontics
Smile Doctors started 2023 with the addition of 21 new clinics to their network of leading orthodontists, further propelling the company forward as the largest and fastest-growing orthodontic service organization in the U.S. The 21 locations are made up of seven new practices in six states, including entry into Arizona, bringing the total number of states Smile Doctors’ serves to 28. Smile Doctors now has 390 locations in 28 states. Dr. Richard Ziehmer founded Grinz Orthodontics in 2006 which has locations in two states: North Carolina and Arizona. The transaction was led by Kevin Sauer, Director of Mergers & Acquisitions at TUSK Partners.
Guardian Dentistry Partners Grows:
- Dr. Mandy Grimshaw and Dr. Ritt Kuhn, Kuhn Dental in Aberdeen, NC.
- Dr. Sharvil Shah and Dr. Paresh Shrimankar, Ardent Smile Group: four practices in the Detroit, Michigan area.
- Dr. George Hitzel, Champagne Dental Care, two practices: St. Petersburg and Clearwater, Florida.
- Dr. Celia Davenport, Davenport Dental & Wellness Center, Birmingham, Alabama. The transaction was led by Kevin Sauer, Director of Mergers & Acquisitions at TUSK Partners.
Freedom Dental Partners Acquires Dntl Bar
Freedom Dental Partners (Become the DSO Seminars), a dentist-owned DSO and mentorship group, announced that it has completed the acquisition of Manhattan’s dntl bar. Freedom Dental Partners is an aligned dental support group of more than 350 dental practices in 42 states with $65m EBITDA. It is headquartered in Montclair, New Jersey. This acquisition was recently featured in Group Dentistry Now – HERE.
US Endo Partners Welcomes Latest Additions:
- Dr. Robert McBride and Dr. Jacob Surjan, Colorado Root Canal Specialists in Thornton, CO
- Dr. Matthew Clegg and Dr. Dustin Weitz, Clearwater Endodontic in Clarkston WA & Moscow, ID
- Dr. Kris Johnson, Northland Endodontics in Blaine, MN
- Shelton Dental Excellence, Shelton, WA, Acquisition
- Foothill Dental, Salt Lake City, UT, Acquisition
- Bethlehem Town Family Dental, Glenmont, NY, Acquisition
- Chvatal Orthodontics, Cottage Grove and (2) Eugene, OR, Acquisition
- Brennan Dentistry, Grand Rapids, MI, Acquisition
- Lonestar Dental Group, Plano, TX, Acquisition
- Arbor View Dental Group, Roseville, CA, Acquisition
- Watson & Niven Dentistry, Newport Beach, CA, Acquisition
- Huerter Orthodontics, Omaha and Blair, NE, Acquisition
Pacific Dental Services Continues to Grow
Pacific Dental Services® (PDS) expanded its presence with the opening of seven new offices in April. Furthermore, the company opened a primary healthcare practice adjacent to a new general dentistry practice in Las Vegas, Nevada. This innovative approach offers patients comprehensive and integrated solutions for managing their overall health, combining a variety of services under one roof.
- Riverview Smiles Dentistry in Riverview, FL
- Queensridge Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics in Las Vegas, NV
- Queensridge Health Care in Las Vegas, NV
- Stillwater Modern Dentistry in Oak Park Heights, MN
- Rainbow Modern Dentistry in Las Vegas, NV
- West Nashville Smiles Dentistry in Nashville, TN
- Moncks Corner Dental Group in Moncks Corner, SC
Affordable Care Expands Network to Include:
- Sanford, North Carolina, an Affordable Dentures & Implants practice, led by Dr. Jonathan Mosley
- Frederick, MD and Gaithersburg MD Perio & Implants, part of the Advanced Dental Implant Center network, led by Dr. Behnaz Yalda
West Coast Dental to Fill Vacant Country Kitchen Building in Hesperia
The dental office will occupy the 5,020-square-foot standalone building in the Hesperia Square shopping center, which is anchored by Vallarta Supermarket, Dollar Tree and Jack in the Box. West Coast Dental renovate the exterior and interior of the building into a state-of-the-art dental practice featuring the latest technologies Founded in 1991 by a group of dental professionals, West Coast Dental currently has over 40 locations primarily in Southern California.
Scottish Dental Group Clyde Munro Secures its 80th Acquisition
Clyde Munro, the fast-growing Scottish dental group, has secured its 80th acquisition within eight years of its establishment. The group, which employs more than 250 clinicians and 600 support staff, has increased its presence in South Lanarkshire after concluding a deal to take over New Cross Dental Care in Hamilton. The New Cross practice, which was formed 40 years ago, will continue to operate with its established team of dentists, dental hygienists, and other staff further to the deal. It currently provides dental care to more than 4,500 people in Hamilton and surrounding areas, with around 4,000 registered as NHS patients. Clyde Monro is led by founder and CEO, Jim Hall.
Allied OMS Expands in Michigan and California with Two New OMS Practices
Allied OMS announced that Oral Surgery Associates and Peninsula Center Dental Implants & Oral Surgery have joined its growing platform of tier-one OMS practices, expanding Doctor Equity™ in Michigan and Northern California. Allied OMS now has a network of 46 doctors, serving patients out of 50 locations across 10 states, including California, Colorado, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia. Dan Hosler is the CEO of Allied OMS.
Pediatric Dental Group of New York to expand to Schenectady County.
Dr. Farzad Sani, DDS opened his first practice in 2007. Now, his Pediatric Dental Group is expanding to Schenectady County, adding to his two practices in Glens Falls and Albany. The expansion will lessen wait times, allowing the practice to serve their patients more efficiently. The new location is also right on a bus route, making travel more accessible. Just under a decade later, he added the Albany location. PDGNY is the only pediatric dental service in the Capital Region that accepts Medicaid and Child Health Plus.
BOND Orthodontic Partners Announces New Partnership:
- Dr. Bret Johnson at Bret Johnson Orthodontics in Spokane, WA.
Bright Direction Dental Welcomes New Partner:
- Dr. Brad Sammons, Indianapolis, IN
Schulman Group (SSG Management, LLC) Adds to their Growing Group:
- Dr. Adam Lautt, Coastal Orthodontic Care in Ventura, California
- Dr. Debbie Lee, Villa Park Smiles Orthodontics, Villa Park, California
InterDent Service Corporation celebrating our newest office opening.
Gentle Dental, a full-service dental provider with 165 locations in eight states, opened a new office in Scottsdale, Arizona. The dental support organization is headquartered in Inglewood, California.
Espire Dental Acquires Southern Colorado-Based Anderson Family Dental
Espire Dental, a multi-specialty group practice founded by dentists, announced the acquisition of Anderson Family Dental in Colorado Springs, CO. This marks the integrated dental organization’s (IDO) 7th acquisition of 2023. They now have 27 practices and are looking to build their presence in the Western United States. Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the group is led by Tim Hill, CEO.
Dental Beauty Partners Opens New Clinics:
- Kiss Dental, Liverpool, UK, led by Dr. Khushal Morar. Kiss has three practices.
- Ascent Dental Leamington Spa, led by Dr. Arun Pal.