The dental support space continues to unite and strengthen. Group Dentistry Now is the only place to find the complete list of monthly deals to keep you informed on the ever-shifting dental landscape. Here is GDN’s exclusive list of DSO and emerging group deals for March:
The DPO announced the acquisition if its second tranche of dental practices across the United States. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed. UDC’s newest practices bolster its presence in key markets like Georgia and new markets like New York and Illinois. This is the second set of transactions following UDC‘s initial announcement in October 2022. UDC anticipates closing its next set of acquisitions by the end of Q2 2023.UDC is led by chairman and founder Dr. Ray Khouri.
Mosaic Dental Collective, LLC announced a partnership with Audax Private Equity. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Based in Vancouver, WA, Mosaic supports 40 practices and 49 locations, including 76 affiliated dentists across California and Washington.
- Dr. Joseph Silberman. Evanston Dental Associates, Evanston, IL
- East Village Dental Centre, Dr. Gary Treinkman, Chicago
- Evanston Dental Associates, Dr. Joseph Silberman, Evanston, IL
- Rivertown Dental Care, Drs. Joe Miller, Chris Miller, and Michael O’Neal, Columbus, Georgia.
- Dr. Eras Nimri – Artistic Dentistry in Houston, TX
- Drs. Larry & Eric Seitlin – Seitlin Dental in Charlotte, NC
- Drs. Ed and Scott Smith – Smith Family Dentistry in Randolph, NJ
- Drs. Maureen and Tim Raczka – Alliance Dentistry in Cary, NC
- Drs. Paul Cohen, Sara Cohen, Isabelle Lass, and Brooke Miller – Cohen & Cohen in Washington D.C.
Prism Dental Services is a dental group in the San Antonio, Texas area with three locations. Dr. James VandeBerg founded of Prism Dental Services in 2008. Full Smile Dental has offices in Amarillo, Canyon, Dalhart, Dumas, and Farwell, TX.
Nalchajian Orthodontics, located in Fresno and Clovis, California, are led by Drs. Nicole and Greg Nalchajian. This partnership marks Corus’ seventh practice in the state of California.
Clairvest Group Inc. announced that it, together with Clairvest Equity Partners VI has made a US$32 million equity investment in Bluetree Dental with CVG’s portion of the investment equaling US$9 million. Bluetree Dental is a multi-specialty, pediatric and orthodontics-focused dental service organization with 45+ offices centered in the Mountain West region of the United States. Bluetree was founded in 2012 by Steve DeLong, Brent Corbridge and Lance Bruntz, all of whom have rolled significant equity alongside Clairvest in the transaction. Management together will maintain control post-closing. The rationale for the investment is to provide the Bluetree team with the capital, expertise and experience to accelerate the growth of Bluetree. This represents Clairvest’s second partnership in the dental industry after conducting over five years of domain research and relationship building in this space.
Silver Creek Dental Partners is a boutique DSO. It is headquartered in Dana Point, California and was founded in 2020. Silver Creek Dental Partners was co-founded by Brad Starkweather, CEO, and Dr. Alec Temlock, CDO. The group requires that their affiliates be located in Sacramento, San Diego, Orange County and Riverside with at least four installed operatories and a minimum of $700,000 of annual collections.
- Located in Anacortes, North Sound Oral & Facial Surgery serves the North Sound region of Washington. It is led by Pardeep S. Brar, DMD.
- With offices in San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles, Central Coast Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery has been treating patients on California’s Central Coast for more than 40 years. Its surgeons include Eric M. Alltucker, DDS, MD, Benjamin F. Bush, DDS and Justin M. Weaver, DDS, MD.
- Located in Oxnard, California, Clark & Patel Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery is led by William J. Clark, DDS, MD and Brijesh Patel, DDS, MD.
- Gulf Coast Oral and Facial Surgery has locations in Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Pascagoula and Orange Grove, Mississippi. The practice is led by Thomas B. Zakkak, DDS and Robert T. Watts, Jr., DMD.
The emerging dental group opened its second and third offices of 2023, Chicago’s Lincoln Park and Gold Coast. The group is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and was founded in 2013. The group was founded by three dentists: Dr. Hany Kurdi, Dr. Suhail Mohiuddin, and Dr. Oussama Founas.
- Winning Smile Dental Group, Evanston, Illinois, Dr. Polly Reese
- Skiffey Family Dentistry, Wadsworth, Ohio, Dr. Robert J. Skiffey Sr. and Dr. Robert M. Skiffey Jr.
- Lake Dental, Palm Springs, California, Drs. Craig Lake, J. Steven Lake, Robert Lake, and James Lake
Dr. Jorden Vinger opened doors to patients at Sarasota Dentures and Implants. a nationwide DSO focusing on affordable full arch dentistry. SPG is a nationwide DSO focusing on affordable full arch dentistry. All current and future growth will come by means of a solely de novo strategy. It is 100% privately held, with no institutional capital. Shared Practices Group was a Group Dentistry Now Emerging Dental Groups to Watch in 2023 winner. They currently have 19 locations. Their goal is to have 38 locations by end of year 2023.
Endodontic Practice Partners (EPP), a Nashville-based specialty partnership organization, announced its expansion into Oregon and Washington with the addition of 14 endodontic private practices affiliates. In Oregon, 13 doctors across 12 practices serve the Tualatin, Corvallis, Albany, Eugene, Gresham, Portland, Salem, Oregon City, and the Beaverton areas. In Washington, three doctors within two practices operate out of Vancouver and the Everett regions. Sam Hutcheson is the CEO of EPP. The EPP geographic footprint of affiliates now spans across Florida, Texas, Georgia, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Michigan, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington state, totaling more than 60 practice locations and over 85 doctors.
- Atlanta Oral & Facial Surgery, Decatur, GA, Dr. David Cole
- South Florida Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Jupiter and Northern Palm Beach County, Drs. Paul Weinstein, Travis Thompson, Jeronimo Guzman, and Chris Chafin.
- Finley Dentistry, Dr. E. Roy Finley – Toledo, Ohio
Premier Care Dental Management, a rapidly growing DSO in the greater New York and New England region, has announced their
The fast-growing, doctor-led integrated dental organization (IDO) expands its footprint to 26 practices in the western U.S. with the addition of Fox Creek Family Dental, a five-location group with practices located in Longmont, Loveland, Thornton, Westminster and Broomfield, CO. Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Denver, Espire Dental is led by Tim Hill, CEO.
Affordable Care Expands:
- Affordable Dentures & Implants, Brunswick, Georgia
- Dr. Lewis Cummings, Houston Oral Healthcare Specialists, Kingwood, Texas
- Dr. Mike Freimuth ProSmile, Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Dr. Kim Shannon, Affordable Dentures & Implants, Hoover, Alabama
- Affordable Dentures & Implants, Brunswick, Georgia
- Grand Opening of Affordable Dentures & Implants in North Phoenix, Arizona
Now at 60 locations, The Smilist’s goal is to become the most respected dental health system in the Northeast. Founder Phil Toh can be heard on podcast episode 115 of the Group Dentistry Now podcast.
- Dr. Bryan Wilson, Contemporary General Dentistry, West Hartford, CT
- Dr. Mark Ragusa & Dr. Loretta Pouso, Queens, NY
- Dr. Kevin Trotter, Dentistry at The Heights, Brooklyn, NY
- Dr. Amit Rajani, Yonkers Avenue Dental, Yonkers, NY
- Dr. Adam Zatcoff, Total Dental Care, Middle Island, NY
- Dehnert Dental, Tucson, AZ, Acquisition
- Town Center Dental, Flint, MI, Acquisition
- Diamond Lakes Dental, Hot Springs, AZ, Acquisition
- Canyon Crest Dental, Riverside, CA, Acquisition
- M Street Dental, Auburn, WA, Acquisition
- Creating Smiles, St. Petersburg, FL, Acquisition
- Clear Creek Family Dental, Strafford and Ash Grove, MO, Acquisition
- Central Ohio Root Canals, Pickerington, AZ, Acquisition
Marquee Dental Partners announced a new partnership with Drs. Graboviy and Farr at Parkside Family Dental in Louisville, Kentucky. Parkside Family Dental has been caring for the oral health of Louisville’s families for more than a decade. Marquee Dental Partners, headquartered in Brentwood, TN, has 71 offices throughout Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama and Florida.
Firmament has hired Moelisto run a sale process for its portfolio company Independence Dental Services, as reported by Mergermarket and confirmed by Axios. The DSO asset was on the block last year, only to be taken off. If the latest effort is successful, it would represent a rare exit in today’s difficult LBO market. Independence Dental was founded in 2020 in partnership with Firmament. Independence was on the block via Cantor Fitzgerald and marketing itself off $40m in adjusted EBITDA, per Mergermarket. No transaction was announced, but a handful of acquisitions in Independence’s pipeline did not move forward, bringing the company’s EBITDA down to its current level, that report says.
- Dentistry for Children in Lodi, New Jersey
- Yang Orthodontics, Dr. Stephen Yang, Redwood City, CA
- Freeman Orthodontics, Dr. Matt Freeman, San Jose, CA
- Kenworthy Orthodontics, Dr. Christian Kenworthy, Missoula, Montana (first location in Montana)
- Dr. James Woodyard and his team at Woodyard Periodontics, PC in Indiana
- Dr. Tara Stanford, Oklahoma City
OBL has renovated a former car dealership (see pictures below) into a state-of-the-art practice that spans over 6000 sq ft with 10 general operatories + 10 ortho-chairs that now houses Granger Dental & Orthodontics. Additionally, the acquisition of South Bend Dental and Orthodontics, a 2400 sq ft practice with 6 operatories, will further allow OBL to expand its services in the region with plans of expanding the practice to 3700 sq ft and adding an additional 5 operatories this year. Learn more HERE.
- Orthodontic Associates, led by Dr. Jeffrey Miller with 13 locations throughout the state of Maryland. Other orthodontists within the practice include Dr. Kelly Wray, Dr. Heather Abrahams, Dr. Tina Mahmoudi, Dr. Michael Pantos, and Dr. Katelyn Owen.