The dental support space continues to unite and grow. Group Dentistry Now is the only resource providing a complete list of monthly deals in one convenient place to keep you informed on the ever-shifting dental landscape. Here is GDN’s exclusive list of DSO and emerging group deals for July:
US Endo/Specialized Dental Partners welcomes:
- Dr. Marshall Johnson & Dr. Elizabeth Jaynes from Johnson & Jayne Perio in Plano, TX.
- Dr. David Pflum and Dr. Bradley Swanson from South Bend Endo in South Bend, IN.
- Dr. JD Simonton and Dr. Michael Shen from Modern Care Endodontics in Apple Valley, MN.
- Dr. David Fife, Dr. Josh Steffen &, Dr. William Richards from Fife & Steffen Endodontics in Las Vegas, NV.
MB2 Dental welcomes 16 new practices and introduces 18 new doctor partners across ten states. MB2 Dental also fueled its growth with the addition of a de novo.
- Avalon Dental Group in Sugar Land and Katy, TX, Acquisition
- Brenn Orthodontics in Burbank, CA, Acquisition
- Desert Sun Endodontics in Phoenix, AZ, Acquisition
- MI Smile Journey Orthodontics in Saginaw & Frankenmuth, MI, Acquisition
- Spoonhower Orthodontics in Uniontown, OH, Acquisition
- Sturz & Abby Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics in Bakersfield, CA, Acquisition
- Ricks Family Orthodontics (East & West) in Bakersfield, CA, Acquisition
- Parkway Smiles Dentistry in Woodbridge, VA, Acquisition
- Simon Dentistry in Bowling Green, KY, Acquisition
- Forest Hills Family Dentistry in Cincinnati, OH, Acquisition
- Sun Valley Pediatric Dentistry in Buckeye, AZ, De Novo
- Turpin Orthodontics in West Monroe, Monroe, Rustin, LA, Acquisition
- Ty King, DDS in Rogers, AR, Acquisition
- Cumming Dental Associates (2 Locations) in Cumming, GA, Acquisition
- Crabapple Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics in Cumming, GA, Acquisition
- North Atlanta Kids Dentistry in Duluth, GA, Acquisition
- Cumming Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics in Cumming, GA, Acquisition
Affordable Care’s Advanced Dental Implant Center (ADIC) network continues to grow, adding a Houston, TX location. In addition, Affordable Care’s Affordable Dentures & Implants network opened three locations:
- Huntersville, North Carolina
- Fishers, Indiana
- Midlothian, Virginia
Akerman LLP represents H.I.G. Capital in recapitalization of Advanced Dental Brands. Founded in 2007 by Dr. Richard Miller, ADB currently serves almost 40 practices. Akerman LLP is a top 100 U.S. law firm.
A UK dental group with one of the largest NHS contracts in the country has been bought by two colleagues following seven-figure finance from Unity Trust Bank. Dr Kuldipsinh Gohil and Dr Jasmin Thoria used a £5.6m loan to buy Sterling Dental Group in Southall, which predominantly serves South Asian and Somalian communities. The practice’s 18-strong team of dentists are all from diverse backgrounds which helps break down language barriers and encourages patients to look after their oral health.
Brident Dental & Orthodontics, a member of the Sonrava Health family of wellness companies, announced the opening of a new Texas office in the city of Fort Worth, located in Tarrant County, north central Texas.
Wayne Dental Care in Wayne, PA, announces new affiliation with The Smilist Dental in partnership with Freedom Dental Partners. Freedom Dental Partners (a.k.a. Become the DSO) is a uniquely aligned dental support group of more than 350 dental practices in 42 states. The Smilist supports over 60 locations with over 1,000 employees in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania.
Dentologie’s opens seventh location, River North in Chicago.
BOND Orthodontic Partners Grows:
- Dr. John Pobanz, Pobanz Orthodontics, Ogden, CA
- Dr. Wu, Mid-Peninsula Bay area and Silicon Valley communities, CA
- Dr. John Griffiths, Las Vegas Braces, Las Vegas, NV
Lightwave Dental partners with Lindsay Goldberg for its next stage of growth. Lindsay Goldberg, a private investment firm, completed a majority investment in Lightwave in partnership with Lightwave Founder and CEO, Justin Jory. Financial details of the investment were not disclosed. Lightwave currently supports 86 dental practice locations in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Alabama, with more than 1,800 team members, up from 800 in 2021.
Schulman Group adds locations:
- Dr. Steve Saks, Saks Orthodontics, Mooresville, NC
- Dr. Jordan Lamberton, Hello Ortho, Napa and Petaluma, California
Gen4 Dental Partners brings on new locations:
- Dr. Daniel N. Minnis, Accent Dental, LLC, Kansas
- Dr. James M. Lapierre, Ohio
- Dr. Michael C. Toms, Ohio
P1 Dental Partners closed its new Senior Secured credit facility led by Synovus, with participation by Wintrust Financial, and Modern Bank. P1 is a portfolio company of Prairie Capital, out of Chicago. Centerfield Capital, the Company’s mezzanine lender, also remains in the deal. The financing will be used to refinance the Company’s current debt and support near-term acquisitions. P1 has grown to more than 45 locations both in the states of Indiana and Illinois.
Rock Dental Brands, based in Little Rock, Arkansas, announced its affiliation with Baptiste Orthodontics and Baptiste Dentistry for Kids in Orlando, Florida. The DSO currently has 105 dental offices across five states.
Smile Doctors raises over $550 Million in funding. The capital, which was funded by doctors along with several large domestic and international healthcare investors, will support the network in continuing its industry-leading affiliation growth, enhance its strategic investments in technology, and continue to expand its support staff capabilities. Blackburn Family Orthodontics (Texas), Weaver Orthodontics (Arkansas), Smith Smile Orthodontics (Georgia), Weissman Orthodontics (Alabama), and Smiles of Ohio (Ohio) are the newest partners to join the Smile Doctors family. The Smile Doctors network now includes more than 400 affiliated locations. J. Hedrick is the CEO of Smile Doctors.
Aussie-based Impression Dental Group welcomes Dr. Paul Hagley and his practice, Darling Dental, which is located in Tamworth, New South Wales. The emerging dental group, which is led by Mark O’Brien, now has 22 locations.
Oakpoint expands to mid-atlantic market, partners with Harvey M. Levin, DDS. in Washington, D.C. This strategic move marks a significant milestone for Oakpoint, further expanding its footprint outside the Southeast.
Dental Associates opens newest clinic at Bayshore Mall in Glendale, WI.
Adria Dental Group has made another investment in Croatia, this time in the largest dental medical business entity in the Slavonian region – Dragaš Dental Design. The Čepin-based Dragaš Dental Design is market leader in Slavonia region, with four modern dental offices and a dental laboratory with 27 employees. Adria Dental Group has grown into a network of nine clinics, seven dental laboratories, and 95 dental practices with 527 employees. The growing group was founded by Matea Penavić Dragaš, DMD and Zoran Dragaš, DMD.
SGA Dental Partners recognized by the Association for Corporate Growth of Atlanta (“ACG”) as one of the fastest-growing organizations in Georgia for 2022. Out of hundreds of nominees, 40 companies were selected for the award, with SGA topping the list as one of the top three fastest growing middle-market companies in Georgia. In 2022, SGA expanded into seven new states and partnering with 28 practices totaling 55 locations.
MemorialCare, a nonprofit Southern California integrated health system, and Pacific Dental Services (PDS) entered into a joint venture in December 2022. They have unveiled the site of their first-of-its-kind co-located dental and medical office. The partners recently signed a lease in Irvine at the University Park shopping center, taking over the former home of Ace Hardware at 18102 Culver Drive in Irvine. MemorialCare Medical Group opened its health center at the site in May and features physicians specializing in family medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, and pediatrics. The opening of Culver Smiles Dentistry, a dental practice supported by PDS, will complete the integrated medical and dental office this fall.
Tend opens it 24th studio, Tend Mosaic District, in the DC metro area.
Heartland Dental welcomes
- Dr. Jack Winchester, Comprehensive Dental Center, Morehead, NC
- Dr. Greg Cannizzo, Ridgeview Family Dental, P.C., McHenry, IL
- Dr. John Aronson, ALFA Dentistry, Mt. Lebanon, PA
Sage Dental Expands:
- Sage Dental of South Miami, Office of Drs. Lopez and Sandoval, South Miami, FL
- Sage Dental of Alafaya, formerly Alafaya Dental Associates, PA, Orlando, FL
- Sage Dental of Titusville, Dr. Silvinia Rajschmir, Titusville, FL
- Sage Dental of Siesta Ros, Dr. John Totera, Sarasota, FL