The dental support space continues to unite and Group Dentistry Now is the only site that provides a complete list of monthly deals in one convenient place to keep you informed on the ever-shifting dental landscape. Here is GDN’s exclusive list of DSO and emerging group deals for May:
Image Specialty Partners is a doctor-led, multi-specialty dental service organization on the West Coast. Led by Dr. Yan Kalika, CEO & Chief Clinical Officer, the DSO is headquartered in West Sacramento, CA. The group recently acquired:
- Castilla Orthodontics, Salem, Oregon. Dr. Ana Castilla founded Castilla Orthodontics in 2013
- Lowe Orthodontics, Fresno, California. Dr. Mark Lowe founded Lowe Orthodontics and has been providing orthodontic treatment to the Central Valley for over 25 years.
The orthodontist-led orthodontic support organization, just opened a new headquarters in Grand Rapids, MI. Orthodontic Partners recently made their largest acquisition to date with Gorman & Bunch Orthodontics and its nine locations. The group was founded in 2019 by Drs. Jeff Kozlowski and Jamie Reynolds and is PE backed. The group is led by Chip Hurlburt, CEO.
Dr. Joseph Griffin and Dr. Richard Andrews and their team at Advanced Dental Center of Florence, SC join the group founded by Mick Janness and Erik Strang. The group’s goals for 2023 are $130 million of affiliated practice revenue and 10+ newly affiliated practices. The long-term growth plan includes supporting 200 doctors and clinical teams across an integrated platform.
- Dr. Candice Perry of Perry Endodontics in Rogers, AR.
- Dr. Brian Christopherson from Advanced Endodontics in Mesa, AZ
- Dr. Constantine “Dean” Politis with Politis Periodontics in River Forest, IL.
Hudson Dental, a new dental group in the Northeastern U.S., announced a partnership with its first dental practice in the state of New York. Founded in 2023, the emerging dental group currently has six locations (both owned and under contract) in NY and CT. Headquartered in New York City, the organization expects 5-7% organic growth and USD 15–20m in acquisition revenue annually.
Heartland Dental, LLC, the nation’s largest dental support organization providing non-clinical, administrative support services, closed an offering of US$535,000,000 in aggregate principal amount of its 10.500% senior secured notes due 2028. Latham & Watkins LLP represented the initial purchasers in the offering with a NY-based capital markets team led by partner Michael Benjamin and counsel Ryan deFord. Advice was also provided on banking and finance matters by NY partners Jesse Sheff and Brian Rock, with associate Daniel Ovadia; on tax matters by NY partner Bora Bozkurt, with associate Michael Yu; on healthcare matters by Bay Area partner Betty Pang; and on data privacy matters by Washington, D.C. partner Marissa Boynton, with associate Kathryn Parsons-Reponte.
- Dentists of West Henderson, Henderson, NV
- Mt. Juliet Modern Dentistry, Mount Juliet, Tennessee
- Laveen 1st Family Medicine, Lavenn, Arizona
- Trenton Dental Group, Clarksville, Tennessee
U.S. Oral Surgery Management (USOSM) – a specialty management services company that exclusively serves oral and maxillofacial surgeons announced partnerships in two new states: Pennsylvania and New Mexico. The new partners are Stopperich Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery of McMurry, Pennsylvania, and Southwest Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Currently, the shared-services organization has more than 190 surgeon partners across 26 states. It has the largest and fastest growing network of premier oral and maxillofacial surgeons, nationwide.
The DSO recently partnered with Advanced Dental Concepts in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Advanced Dental Concepts is led by Dr. Gregory Okoniewski.
Comvest Credit Partners, a provider of flexible direct financing solutions to middle-market companies, announced that it is acting as administrative agent and sole lender on a $153 million senior secured credit facility for Oak Dental Partners, an Atlanta-based DSO. The financing will be used to refinance the company’s existing debt and support near-term acquisitions. Comvest also made an equity co-investment in the business. Founded in 2015, Oak Dental focuses on the acquisition and development of pediatric, family dental, and orthodontic practices located primarily in the Southeast. Oak Dental currently partners with 55 affiliated practices across nine states: AL, GA, FL, TX, MS, SC, NC, VA and PA. Acquired practices retain their names and branding.
- Dr. Lou Siegelman – Louis Siegelman, DDS in New York, NY
- Dr. Roman Shlafer – Roman Shlafer, DDS in Farmington, MI
- Dr. Cheryl Callahan – Callahan Dental in Rockville, MD
- Dr. Oscar Gonzalez – Flamingo Commons Dental in Davie, FL
- Dr. Tamara Volkov – Collegeville Dental Center in Collegeville, PA
- Thomas F. Brown, DDS, Thomas F. Brown DDS Family & Sedation Dentistry, Naperville, IL
- Dr. Jeffrey Hubbard and Dr. Lyle Petrutsas, Park Cities Family Dentistry, Dallas, TX
- Dr. Kevin Dileo and Dr. Evie Green-Dileo at Green & DiLeo Dentistry, Orange, TX
Dental Implants GPS (Guided Patient Success) announced the opening of another location, this one is Riverside, Inland Empire area. The dental implant group also has locations in Dana Point and Huntington Beach. Eric Baker, DDS, MD, is the group’s founder and CEO. Tim Betita, DDS, MD is the co-founder and COO.
- Expansion into 11th county in New Jersey with acquistion of Integrity Dental of Sparta. It is led by Dr. Panicucci and Dr. Ouimette.
- Kings Highway Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Midwood neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York. It is led by Dr. Saar Amrani.
- Distinctive Dental Arts, Teaneck, NJ. It is led by Dr. Peter Tsatsaronis and Dr. Michael Sicklick.
Western Dental & Orthodontics, a member of the Sonrava Health family of wellness companies, announced the opening of a new San Luis Obispo County office, in Arroyo Grande, California. Founded 120 years ago, Western Dental, with its supported affiliates, offers access to oral healthcare in more than 260 offices across California, Arizona, and Nevada.
- Drs. Trevor Murray and Christian Mazur from Allure Dental
- Dr. Justin Garrett, Edwards & Garrett Orthodontics, Orangeburg South Carolina
- Dr. Corey Jones, Jones Orthodontics (3 locations), North Carolina
- Dr. Janice Struckhoff, Struckhoff Orthodontics (2 locations), Florence and Independence, Kentucky
North Phoenix Pediatric Dentistry, led by Dr. Heimann and Dr. Scott Goldman, joins the group which supports 44+ practices across the US. It was founded in 2019 and is headquartered in Bend, Oregon.
Dr. Cole Conboy, Steubenville Dental Studio, Steubenville, Ohio joins the group. The DSO is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA and was founded in 2008. The are led by Paul Reda, CEO.
Led by Dr. Hugo Perez, DMD, the location also offers an in-house lab for dentures. Aspen Dental began 25 years ago and now has 1,000+ locations nationwide.
MB2 Dental announced the closing of an amendment to the company’s existing debt facility, establishing a new delayed-draw term loan in the aggregate principal amount of $150 million. MB2 also completed a successful fundraise for its ninth internal investment “sidecar” vehicle, totaling a record $20 million. Since the inception of “sidecar” investments, MB2 doctor partners have invested over $75 million to help fuel the company’s growth. This equity offering allows doctor partners to invest alongside the company. The funding will be deployed towards upcoming acquisitions, expanding MB2’s current network of over 550 practices across 38 states. Dr. Chris Steven Villanueva is Founder and Chief Executive Officer.
- Bateman Orthodontics, Brockport, Irondequoit, & Greece, NY, Acquisition
- Tyson Dental, Huntsville, AL, Acquisition
- Pastrell, Buchanan, & Hartzell Dentistry, Grants Pass, OR, Acquisition
- Brent Huckabay, DDS, Midland, TX, Acquisition
- Gainesville Pediatric Dentistry, Gainesville, VA, Acquisition
- Cameron Orthodontics, West Point & Layton, UT, Acquisition
- Tingey Orthodontics, Issaquah, WA, Acquisition
- West River Dental Care, Minneapolis, MN, Acquisition
Espire Dental, a cosmetic and multi-specialty group practice founded by dentists, announced the acquisition of Anderson Family Dental in Colorado Springs, CO. This marks the integrated dental organization’s (IDO) seventh acquisition of 2023. Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Espire is growing its footprint of 27 practices throughout Colorado, California, Oklahoma, and Wyoming. Tim Hill is the CEO of Espire Dental.
- Columbus Dentures and Implants, Dr. Evan Pivetz, Columbus, Ohio
- Boise Dentures and Implants, Dr. Renee Summers DMD, Boise, Idaho
- Spokane Dentures and Implants, Dr. JB, Spokane, Washington
The practices of Dr. Mark Damerau D.M.D and John S. Ledakis D.D.S., both located in Palm Beach, Florida, and Alafaya Family Dentistry in Orlando, have all partnered with Marquee. With the completion of these partnerships, Marquee now supports 28 offices in Florida across a growing portfolio of general and specialty dental practices. Led by Fred Ward, CEO, and headquartered in Brentwood, TN, Marquee has 74 offices throughout Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama and Florida.
Allied OMS, who claims to be ‘the country’s only doctor-owned, doctor-led, and doctor-governed management services organization (MSO) for oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMS) practices,’ just announced that Elevation Implant Services (Elevation) and Integrative Oral & Facial Surgery (IOFS) have joined its growing platform of OMS practices, expanding Allied’s proprietary Doctor Equity™ model in the Washington DC Metro area. The locations are led by Ziad Ali DMD, MD and Jay S. Nokkeo, DMD. The addition of Elevation and IOFS brings the Allied OMS network to 65 doctors serving patients from 50+ locations in California, Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
- Dr. Chris Hudetz, English Rows Dental Group, Naperville, IL