The dental support space continues to unite and grow. Group Dentistry Now is the only resource providing a complete list of monthly deals in one convenient place, keeping you informed on the ever-shifting dental landscape. Here is GDN’s exclusive list of DSO and emerging group deals for September:
TUSK Partners, the premiere dental-focused M&A advisor advised:
- Simon Dentistry in its partnership with MB2 Dental. The transaction was led by Kevin Sauer, Director of M&A. Alex Cherniavsky and Taylor Adams spearheaded the diligence and analytics efforts for TUSK. Under the leadership of Dr. Daniel Simon, Simon Dentistry has served the Bowling Green, Kentucky community since 2007.
- Lane Perio in its partnership with SGA Dental Partners. The transaction was led by Yazen Abusad, Associate of M&A. Alex Cherniavsky and Sam Lupton spearheaded the diligence and analytics efforts for TUSK. Under the leadership of Dr. John Lane, Lane Perio is a 2-clinic location periodontal group in the Alabama.
Perio Health Professionals (PHP), a fee-for-service periodontics practice in Houston, Texas, has formed a new multi-specialty DSO, Rocket Health Partners. The new organization is led by Dr. Todd Scheyer and Dr. Michael K. McGuire. Rocket Health Partners consists of PHP, one orthodontics practice, and four general practices in the Greater Houston Area.
Imagen Dental Partners welcomes partners:
- Dr. Maurice Masliah, Dental Design, Brentwood, California
- Dr. Karen Roberts, CornerStone Dental, La Grange, Texas
Shared Practices Group announced a $20 million credit facility from CrowdOut Capital. SPG is using the loan proceeds to refinance existing debt and provide additional working capital for it growing business. The group also announced new partnerships:
- Dr. Brenton Ruopp, St. Louis Dentures and Implants
- Dr. Steven Vorholt, Santa Barbara, California
- Dr. Steven Gigli, Sacramento Dentures and Implants.
InterDent Service Corporation announces is newest location, Gentle Dental Cactus in Las Vegas. The dental team at Gentle Dental Cactus includes Dr. Andrei Dzekola, DMD – General Dentist, Dr. Jean Chio, DMD – Orthodontist, and Dr. John Lee, DMD – Oral Surgeon, and the office team will be led by Maribel Montes.
Dental365 announced the acquisition of a Pennsylvania group practice made up of six general dental practices in Eastern Pennsylvania. This acquisition marks Dental365’s entry into Pennsylvania, the Keystone State, becoming its 7th state of operation. The six office locations acquired include:
- Susquehanna Valley Dental Group in Middleburg, PA
- Back Mountain Dental in Shavertown, PA
- NEPA Dental in Wilkes-Barre
- Polit & Costello Dentistry in Pittston, PA
- NEPA Dental West in Forty-Fort, PA
- Coopersburg Dental in Coopersburg, PA
Specialty1 Partners announces new partners:
- Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry, Lehigh Valley Oral Surgery & Implant Center
- Dr. Michael Sonic & Dr. Rui “Ray” Ma, Fairfield County Implants & Periodontics
- Dr. Juliana DiPasquale & Dr. Kevin Patterson, Denver Metro OMS
In the month of September, MB2 Dental welcomed 17 new doctor owners across nine states. MB2 also fueled its growth with the addition of three de novos.
- First Hill Dental Center in Seattle, WA, Acquisition
- Stonehaven Dental & Orthodontics in Killeen, TX, De novo
- Dietrich Orthodontics in Canton & Alliance, OH, Acquisition
- Innovative Dental in Webster, NY, Acquisition
- Pike Pediatric Dentistry in Boca Raton, FL, Acquisition
- Andresen Prosthodontics in Reno, NV, Acquisition
- Elvebak Orthodontics in Plano & Dallas, TX, Acquisition
- Grin Pediatric Dentistry in Plano & Dallas, TX, Acquisition
- Lockport Dental Group in Lockport, NY, Acquisition
- Crossroads Dental of Victoria in Victoria, TX, De novo
- Market Street Dental Studio in Buckeye, AZ, De novo
- Arden Family Dentistry in Arden, NC, Acquisition
- Marion DDS Family Dentistry in Marion, NC, Acquisition
- North Asheville Family Dentistry in Asheville, NC, Acquisition
- Fletcher Family Dentistry in Fletcher, NC, Acquisition
- West Asheville Family Dentistry in Asheville, NC, Acquisition
- Sky Pediatric Dentistry in Bowling Green, Glasgow, Hopkinsville, KY, Acquisition
Comvest Credit Partners provided financing to HighFive Healthcare, a Birmingham, Ala.-based specialty DSO. The Financing will be used to refinance the company’s existing debt and support near-term acquisitions. It follows a recent $100 million growth investment led by Norwest. Founded in 2018, HighFive focuses on the acquisition and development of endodontic and oral surgery practices in the southeastern United States.
Dentologie opens their eighth location in Chicago, Illinois. They have also just raised $25M in their Series B funding to fund expansion into new markets.
U.S. Oral Surgery Managment U.S. Oral Surgery Management (USOSM) announced six new partner practices in four states: California, Washington, Texas and Ohio:
- Located in Whittier, California, Whittier Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is led by Bach Le, DDS, MD, FICD, FACD. A board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Le practices a full scope of OMS procedures and is an international authority on bone regeneration and dental implants, having lectured widely on these subjects on six different continents.
North Cascade Implant Oral Surgery Center is located in Mount Vernon, Washington, and is led by Peter E. Kim, DDS. Dr. Kim is a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, who specializes in dentoalveolar procedures.
Oral & Facial Surgery Centers of Washington has locations in Puyallup and Tacoma. The practice has two board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeons, Guillermo E. Chacon, DDS, FACS, and Bryan M. Swanson, DDS.
Oral, Facial & Dental Implant Surgery is located in Allen, Texas, and is led by Christine J. Coke, DDS, MD, PA. A board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Coke provides highly personalized and compassionate patient care in a setting that’s both comfortable and state-of-the-art.
Drs. Fried & Popper has two board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeons: Eric S. Fried, DDS and Matthew A. Popper, DDS, MD. The practice has been serving Mayfield Heights, Ohio, and its surrounding communities for more than 40 years.
Mill Creek Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates has offices in Boardman and Austintown, Ohio. The practice has three board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeons: Mark L. Billy, DDS, Craig A. Wagley, DDS, MD and Neilson L. Wagley, DMD. Mill Creek Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates has been treating patients in Ohio for more than 65 years.
Areo Dental Group announces opening of their sixth location and second de novo of the group, Crown Point Smiles in Crown Point, Indiana. This marks their second location in West Indiana. Learn more about the group: The Group Dentistry Now Show: The Voice of the DSO Industry – Episode 138.
New MAX Surgical Specialty Management (MAX-SSM), a surgeon-led oral and maxillofacial surgical specialty (OMS) platform, officially launches at The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) meeting. Read more HERE.
Gen4 Dental Partners welcomes:
- Dr. Paul Phillips from East Sac Dental, Sacramento, California
- Dr. Tom Hoffman, DDS, and Dr. Cheryl Hoffman, DDS from Hoffman Dental, Columbus, Ohio
- Dr. Matthew Wetzel, DDS from Monterey Coast Periodontics & Implant Dentistry, Northern California
Growing British dental group Queensway has been acquired by national healthcare company Dentex in an undisclosed deal. The landmark transaction is believed to be the largest independent dental business deal in the UK in recent years. Founded in 2014, Queensway now has 40 surgeries in eight locations across northeastern England. Its head office is in Billingham and other main practices are in Newcastle, Yarm and Darlington. The partnership with London’s Dentex followed a search for a strategic investment partner to accelerate the growth of the business.
- Dr. Scott Eddy from Coastal Endodontics in Murrels Inlet, SC.
- Dr. Tyler Boss and Dr. Gregory J. Nielsen from Southern Colorado, Endo in Colorado Springs, Co
- Dr. Scott George and Dr. Matthew Anderson from Salmon Creek Endo out of Vancouver, WA
- Dr. Samuel H. Ip from Signature Endodontics in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA.
- Dr. Evan Novick from Novick Endodontics in Charlotte, NC
Oakpoint expands in western North Caolina and further establishes its presence in NC with the addition of Stephen J. Wessels, DMD.
Sage Dental welcomes Sage Dental of Miami at Airpark Plaza (formerly Miami Dental Care) and managing doctors Dr. Ucros and Dr. Martine.
Bright Direction Dental partners with Dr. Adam White in Birch Run, MI.
The DSO Deal RoundUp is sponsored by TUSK Partners, the premier M&A Advisor for Large Practices and DSOs looking to maximize the value of their practice in a sale. With an in-depth understanding of the marketplace, collective experience of over 50+ years, and access to 100’s of buyers nationwide, TUSK helps their clients confidently pursue M&A transactions that maximize their long-term value. They offer their clients solutions that help them achieve their strategic and financial objectives. If you’re interested in knowing the true value of your practice, click here for a complimentary practice valuation.