Walmart Health just announced plans to bring more accessible, convenient, and affordable healthcare to communities in Florida with 16 new health centers. The locations will span the metro areas of Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa and will open by fall 2023.
“As the population in Florida continues to grow at more than double the rate of the rest of the United States, so does the need to increase access to quality health care,” said Dr. David Carmouche, senior vice president, Omnichannel Care Offerings at Walmart. “With these 16 new Walmart Health centers across the state, even more Floridians will have easy access to a wide range of high-quality health services at convenient hours and easy to understand prices.”
The new state-of-the-art facilities, located beside Walmart Supercenters, will provide a range of healthcare services seven days a week in one convenient location for members of the local community, so they can get the right care at the right time, right in their backyard. These services may vary by location, but include primary care, labs, X-ray and EKG, behavioral health, dental, hearing, select specialty services, and community health.
Walmart Health’s first six locations in Florida opened in 2022 and are demonstrating early success in providing convenient access to quality care. These centers are saving Floridians time with wait times at approximately half the U.S. average. More than 96% of patients reported that they “felt cared for” and nearly half of all appointments are for primary and chronic condition care. The new sites will be open by fall of 2023, bringing the total footprint to 22 centers across the Sunshine state.
Walmart Health centers opening in 2023 are as follows:
- 11900 Atlantic Boulevard, Unit 1, Jacksonville, FL
- 10991 San Jose Boulevard, Unit 100, Jacksonville, FL
- 12100 Lem Turner Rd, Unit 100, Jacksonville, FL
- 10490 West Colonial Drive, Ocoee, FL
- 5997 S Goldenrod Rd, Orlando, FL
- 16313 New Independence Parkway, Unit 110, Winter Garden FL
- 11242 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL
- 8109 S John Young Pkwy, Orlando, FL
- 1471-B E Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, FL
- 8007 US Highway 19, Pinellas Park, FL
- 3491 34th St S, St. Petersburg, FL
- 7745 Gall Boulevard, Zephyrhills, FL
- 2600 James L. Redman Pkwy, Plant City, FL
- 1563 Land O Lakes Blvd, Lutz, FL
- 12610 US Highway 19, Hudson, FL
- 8901 FL-54, New Port Richey, FL
First launched in 2019, Walmart Health has 32 locations in Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, and Texas. Beginning in January 2023, select Walmart Health centers in Florida and Georgia will also offer comprehensive value-based care to certain Medicare Advantage patients, as part of a recent collaboration announcement between Walmart and UnitedHealth Group.
In FYE21, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation contributed more than $109.2 million in cash and in-kind donations to local nonprofits in Florida.
Looking for a Job? Looking to Fill a Job? JoinDSO.com can help:Subscribe for free to the most-read and respected
resource for DSO analysis, news & events:Read what our subscribers & advertisers think of us: