Expansion into this region represents a 22% increase in individual office
locations supported by this doctor-owned dental service organization
PepperPointe Partnerships, which is based in Lexington, Kentucky, is expanding into New York with the addition of eight orthodontic and pediatric dental practices, 10 doctor partners, and 20 office locations. This marks the first group of practices supported by PepperPointe outside the state of Kentucky.
This expansion marks a total of 110 locations now supported by PepperPointe Partnerships. These locations are served by nearly 1,000 team members who provide care to more than 275,000 patients across Kentucky and now the state of New York.
The New York group practice includes:
- Carl L. DiVita, D.D.S.
- Catania Orthodontics
- J. Bradley Ecker, DDS Pediatric Dentistry
- Gleason Orthodontics
- More than a Smile Orthodontics
- Rivoli and Rivoli Orthodontics
- Orthodontists’ Associates of Western New York
- Owl Orthodontics.
PepperPointe Partnerships was founded in 2017 and made Group Dentistry Now’s prestigious Emerging Dental Groups to Watch in 2022 list. The DSO recently made the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies – ranked No. 3072 (2022) with 175% three-year growth.
The original pediatric dental and orthodontic group practice was made up of 35 founding doctors, one of which is Dr. Greg White, who serves as the managing partner of the group practice and president and CEO of PepperPointe Partnerships. His appearance on the Group Dentistry Now podcast can be found below.
PepperPointe Partnerships is not corporately owned or backed by private equity. The DSO was founded on the belief that true doctor ownership — at all levels of the organization — ensures long-term continuity of care for the patient. This important distinction preserves the legacy of doctor-owned practices.
“At PepperPointe, we don’t think in terms of three to five years, but three to five generations,” said PepperPointe Partnerships Chief Strategy Officer, Julie Booher. “Our model provides generational continuity of care by doctors who own the practices and own the management company for those practices. That growth and lasting impact are so much more important than the number of locations we support.”
In the next five years, the group plans to unite group practices in at least six markets. They will continue its growth strategy without private equity support.
Key successes of the group:
- Uniting 20 individual orthodontic and pediatric dental practices into a group practice on a single day and, one year later, forming a second group practice of 37 general dentistry practices on a single day.
- Serving nearly 120 doctors and over 700 employees.
- Recruiting nearly 20 associate doctors to join in a two-year period.
- Launching a three-year leadership development program for associate doctors who are on a pathway to ownership.
- Launching a new hygiene program, which increased net production by 15% with 76% of hygienists achieving program goals in year one alone.
Key executives in group:
- Greg White, President and CEO
- David North, Chief Operating Officer
- Joan Tyra, Chief People Officer
- Crissy Fiscus, Chief Financial Officer
- Meredith English, Chief Marketing Officer
- Julie Booher, Chief Strategy Officer