Our DSO Deal Roundup keeps you up to date on the latest DSO deal activity and includes an exclusive synopsis. With no signs of consolidation slowing down, April has proven to be the busiest month in consolidation since we started reporting monthly!
Select Dental Management Partners with Four Additional Practices, Bringing Total Practice Count to 38
SDM announced partnerships with Federici Dental (Manahawkin, NJ), Advanced DDS (Garden City, NY), Bagley, Goodwin, Hrinda, P.C. (Greenfield, MA), and WSLR Dentistry (Harrisburg, PA). SDM’s partnership with these practices adds core competencies in specialty services including sleep apnea treatment and sedation dentistry. SDM is a DPO currently supports 38 dental practices in eight states and Washington D.C. from the Northeast to the Mid-Atlantic. Select has more than 100 dentists and 700 employees providing care to over 110,000 patients yearly. SDM was featured as an Emerging Group to Watch in 2020.
SIMKO Specialty Dental has Partnered with Blue Sea Capital to Form Specialty Smile Partners
SIMKO Specialty Dental and its affiliated orthodontics and pediatric practices announced that they have entered into a strategic partnership with Blue Sea Capital to form Specialty Smile Partners LLC. Blue Sea has completed a substantial growth investment in Specialty Smile Partners, a management services organization formed to administratively support SIMKO’s continued growth in its markets and the completion of future affiliations with orthodontics and pediatric dentistry providers in existing and new geographies. Founded in 2017 as a partnership between Kristo Orthodontics and Smiles in Motion, SIMKO Specialty Dental and its affiliated practices have 35 clinics across Wisconsin, Minnesota and Colorado.
- Dr. Sheldon Sullivan and his Artistry in Dentistry team are based in Gilbert, Arizona, as well as Mesa, Chandler, Gold Canyon, and Scottsdale, Arizona. He is a graduate of the Pacific Aesthetic Continuum, a fellow of the American Academy of General Dentistry, a member of various professional organizations, and a believer in continuing education.
- Dr. Dallin DeLoach, Dr. Tom Chamberlain and the team at Pony Express Dental join the group with locations in Daybreak, Eagle Mountain, Saratoga Springs, and Alpine. The partnership between Gen4 and Pony Express Dental is one that will further the DSO’s expansion in Utah. The Pony Express Dental vision to provide “life-changing, full-service dentistry” is in direct alignment with Gen4’s mission to help dentists practice great dentistry and keep patients first.
- Stone Barn Dentistry, based in Rochester, MN has been serving their community since 1981. The partnership between Gen4 and Stone Barn Dentistry further drives the partner expansion in Minnesota.
- Ryan Henrichsen, DDS, Phil Pattee, DDS, and the team at Gentling Dental Care, located in Rochester, MN, has been providing patient care since the 1940s.
- Matt Merfeld, DDS and the team at Rochester Dental Clinic, located in Rochester, Minnesota, have been serving the Rochester community for over 30+ years.
Pacific Dental Services (PDS) Launches New Dental-Medical Integration Partnership in Support of Overall Health
PDS announced the grand opening of Sahara Health Group, a new supported medical practice in Las Vegas, Nev. Led by owner physician Elena Garcia, MD, the practice will conduct operations in the same location as Sahara Modern Dentistry. The practice represents the latest development in a series of innovative partnerships initiated by PDS that support medical and dental integration to improve the overall health of patients. Sahara Health Group began operations Tuesday, April 5. Sahara Modern Dentistry, owned by Lulu Tang, DMD, opened in May 2021. PDS launched a similar dental-medical integrated model in July 2021 with the opening of Union Village Modern Dentistry, Union Village Kid’s Dentistry, and Union Village Medical Group – three practices located next door to each other in Henderson, Nev. Dr. Garcia also owns Union Village Medical Group.
Since 1975, Affordable Dentures & Implants has served more than 7 million patients across the largest network of denture and implant service providers in the U.S.
- Dr. Mohammad Khalil of Lansing, Michigan and team join the group to provide patient access to affordable tooth replacement care
- Dr. Niru Gaind and team recent celebrated the grand opening of Affordable Dentures & Implants in Mount Laurel, NJ.
- Kevin Vernet DMD and team celebrated their grand opening in Delray Beach, Florida.
Oxford Finance Leads $660 Million Upsize Financing for Specialty Dental Brands
Oxford Finance LLC, a specialty finance firm focused on healthcare services and life sciences companies worldwide, has announced the closing of a $660 million senior credit facility to Specialty Dental Brands (SDB), a dental services organization focused on pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, and oral surgery. Proceeds will be used to refinance the company’s existing debt and finance add-on acquisitions. Oxford initially provided SDB with a $74 million senior credit facility in September 2020. SDB was founded in 2017 by Leon Capital Group in partnership with SDB Management.
GPS Dental announced that they have now extended their reach into Richmond, VA as they welcome the Norman, Obeck & Foy Dental Team to the organization.
Dental Beauty Partners (DBP) has Recently Partnered with Kiss Dental, a Leading UK Dental Group Based in Manchester, to Support its Rapid Growth Plans
Kiss Dental is a dental group in the Northwest of England which currently has three dental practices. Dr Kailesh Solanki is the CEO of Kiss Dental. DBP is a multi-award-winning group providing a range of both NHS and multi-disciplinary private dental services through a partnership model. Since 2019, the founders have expanded DBP from a single practice to over 24 partner-led practices around London.
Two UK Practices have Partnered with Dental Beauty Partners
Colchester’s North Hill Dental and Layer Road have joined Dental Beauty Partners’ fleet of practices across the UK. As part of the agreement, principal dentist Dr Sachin Sedani will join Dental Beauty Partners with a view to supporting the further growth of the existing practices, while also helping with the planned expansion across Essex.
US Endo Partners announces latest additions to their partnership of endodontists:
- Maple Ridge Endodontics – Dr. Bryan Cardon – Spanish Fork, UT
- Chippewa Valley Endodontics – Dr. Kendra Boda – Eau Claire, WI
- Missoula Endodontics – Dr. Joseph Petrino – Missoula, MT
- Blattner Endodontics – Dr. Trevor Blattner – Cape Giradeau, MO
- Issaquah Endodontics – Dr. Willis P. Gabel, Dr. Susan Roberts, Dr. Daniel Estrada – Issaqua, WA
- Florida Root Canal Specialists – Dr. Steven Frey, Dr. Ryan Harris – Fort Meyers and Cape Coral, FL
- Isolani Endodontics & Magnolia Endodontics – Dr. Rodney Isolani, Dr. Benjamin Bell – Mandeville, LA and Gulfport, MS.
- Central Carolina Endodontics – Dr. Joseph Bonavilla, Dr. Sarah Sciarrino, Dr. Jason Mathys – four SC locations
Walmart Health Continues Expansion in Florida with Five New Health Centers.
Two years after the launch of Walmart Health, the company is opening five new Walmart Health centers across North and Central Florida. At least four additional locations in Florida will open in the Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa areas. From 2010 to 2019, Florida’s population grew 13%, more than double the total U.S. population growth. Read more about Walmart Health HERE.
The locations and opening dates are scheduled for:
- April 5, 2022: 7075 Collins Road (Jacksonville)
- April 7, 2022: 1586 Branan Field Road (Middleburg)
- April 12, 2022: 904 B Cypress Parkway (Poinciana/Kissimmee)
- April 14, 2022: 3647 South Orlando Drive (Sanford)
- June 7, 2022: 28516 State Road 54 (Wesley Chapel)
Great Lakes Dental Partners (GLDP) Continues to Expand in Illinois with Associates for Dental Care Affiliation
GLDP, a Shore Capital Partners portfolio company, provides practice management services to 30+ partner locations. GLDP is actively seeking new partnerships in the Midwest.
Colosseum Dental UK Welcomes Two New London Practices
Care Dental and Care Dental Platinum in Hammersmith, London join the large UK DSO. Both clinics were built up by Dr Bashar Al-Naher.
Specialty1 Announces Partnership with Capitol Periodontal Group
Specialty1—a dental surgical specialty organization—is welcoming Capitol Periodontal Group, a Northern California periodontal and dental implant practice with five locations, to its family of partners. Dr. Daryl Dudum is the co-founder and co-chief executive officer of Specialty1 Partners. Headquartered in Northern California, Capitol Periodontal Group features five locations (Sacramento, Elk Grove, Roseville, Folsom, and Davis) offering patients periodontal and dental implant care. Watch or listen to the Group Dentistry Now podcast with Dr. Dudum and Dr. Haddad as they discuss the groups focus from endo to perio, endo and oral surgery. Specialty1 (formally Endo1 Partners) was a Group Dentistry Now Emerging Groups to Watch winner in 2020. Read about them HERE.
Practice with 4,500 patients to west of Edinburgh acquired by Scotland’s largest dental group
Artis Dental and Implant Studio, based in Balerno and founded 16 years ago by owner Brian Clough and his wife Edel, has joined Clyde Munro Dental Group with its two dentists and ten support staff. Clyde Munro Dental Group has more than 50 practices across Scotland, employing some 200 dentists, 400 staff and taking care of 460,000 patients.
Smile Brands Announces New Affiliate Partnership: Radiate by McQuitty
Smile Brands announced its new affiliate partnership with Radiate by McQuitty in Santa Fe, NM. Dr. Patrick J. McQuitty leads a team of 10 from his growing Santa Fe location and has been consistently voted in the “Top 3” Dental Practices in Santa Fe for over 10 years. Smile Brands, based in Irvine, California, supports nearly 700 affiliated practices, with more than 7,500 dedicated team members across 30 states. Smile Brands supports a portfolio of over 75 brands.
Dentex Welcomes 121st Practices to the Group
Drs. Tif Qureshi and Dan Patel and their team join the London, UK based DSO. The group is on track to hit the target of more than 150-member practices by the end of 2022.
- Loudoun Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in Loudoun County, VA – Dr. Steve Dorsch, Dr. Andrew Bluhm, Dr. Gene “Jay” Vandervort,
- Los Gatos Oral & Facial Surgery in Los Gatos, California – Lee R Walker MD DDS
- Desert Maxillofacial Center in the Coachella Valley – Dr. Milan Jugan
MB2 Dental Partners is NC – its 36th State
The DPO welcomes their first partner in NC—Dr. Tim Scanlan. Dr. Scanlan is the owner of TS Orthodontics, with multiple locations in Asheville, NC.
Greenhills, NSW, Australian DSO, Pacific Smiles Group, Grows Again
The latest dental center at Dapto Mall grows the group to 122 practices located throughout New South Wales, Queensland, Australian Capital Territory and Victoria.
USOSM Making Moves in Midwest
U.S. Oral Surgery Management (USOSM) – a specialty management services company that exclusively serves oral and maxillofacial surgeons – has formed a new partnership with Michiana Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery of South Bend, Indiana, which is led by Dr. Jay Asdell. Headquartered in Irving, Texas, USOSM has partner practices spanning 19 states. This is USOSM’s third practice partner in Indiana.
CORDENTAL Group Announces Affiliation with Two Practices
CORDENTAL Group has completed affiliations with two practices including, Gateway Dental Group in Des Moines, IA and Barry R. Liebman, DDS in St. Louis, MO. Dr. Barry Liebman, whose office was located across from CORDENTAL’s existing affiliate, Boain Dental Care South County in St. Louis, has merged his practice with Boain Dental Care and has transitioned his patients to the Lemay Ferry Rd. location. Read more about Dr. Boain and Boain Dental Care here.
DECA Dental Group Continues Growth
Led by DSO Influencer, Dr. Sulman Ahmed, DECA Dental Group opens a new location in Nasville, TN area, Ideal Dental Gallatin. Dr. Ahmed founded the Dallas-based DECA Dental in 2008 with one location. The privately-owned dental group operates under the brand name: Ideal Dental. The DSO has been on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing privately held companies four times in the past six years.
Onsite Dental Acquires Dental Excellence Partners
Onsite Dental, employer-based dental care, has acquired Dental Excellence Partners, LLP, a dental organization serving primarily Medicare and Medicaid patients with 24 dental clinics in FL and TX. In addition to this acquisition, Onsite Dental has entered into a strategic partnership with Cano Health (NYSE: CANO), a primary care provider and population health company with medical centers in six states. With the acquisition of Dental Excellence Partners (DEP), Onsite Dental will now reach over one million eligible patients (850,000 eligible employees and dependents and over 250,000 capitated Medicare, Medicaid, and Affordable Care Act members) across 14 states, with a rapidly growing presence in new and existing states across the country.
- Imagen expands into the Lone Star State, welcoming new partner Aaron C. Polk, DDS of Nacogdoches, Texas. Dr. Polk comes from a long line of dentists, serving as the fourth generation in his family.
- Imagen Dental Partners expands in the southwest with the addition of Heart of Texas Smiles led by Dr. Nick Cobb and Dr. Theresa Lassetter
- Imagen Dental Partners enters the Great Lakes State, welcoming their first partner, Community Dental of Walled Lake in Michigan. Dr. Darren Schweymaier has been caring for the community since 2000.
Today’s Dental Network Expands Oral Surgery Services with the Addition of Middleton Oral Surgery to Partner Network
The multi-specialty dental practice network and support organization to dental providers in Florida, has officially formed a partnership with Middleton Oral Surgery, an oral and maxillofacial surgery practice in Sarasota, Florida, led by Scott Middleton, DMD, MD. This is the second oral surgery center in the network.
DCA and Konikoff Kids Open Third Pediatric Dentistry Location
Dental Care Alliance announced the grand opening of Konikoff Kids Pediatric Dentistry’s third location in the Hampton Roads community. Konikoff Kids at Battlefield Boulevard is a new, state-of-the-art, de novo dental practice led by Dr. Elizabeth Hering. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Sarasota, FL, Dental Care Alliance’s mission is to advance the practice of dentistry. DCA currently supports 370 allied practices and more than 775 dentists across 21 states. DCA’s allied practices represent all dental specialties and treat patients under more than 130 brand names.
Manchester Dental Group, Ocean Dental, Sold to Portman Dental Care
Ocean Dental is comprised of two mixed-income practices in prime Manchester locations – Market Street and Fallowfield – with a total of seven surgeries and ample space to expand further. Set up as a squat in 2011, Ocean Dental Manchester on Market Street enjoys one of the most prominent locations in the UK in the heart of Manchester city center. Ocean Dental Fallowfield has been established for over 30 years and joined Ocean Dental group in 2008. Portman Dental Care is headquartered in Cheltenham, England.
Effective April 22nd, 2022, all Bright Tiger Dental locations are permanently closed.
Founded in 2020 and headquartered in Leawood, KS, the DSO abruptly closed its doors in April.
GDN’s DSO Deal Roundup
– Acquisitions, De Novos, Partnerships, Funding, More – Monthly
Please provide any new DSO or dental deals to Group Dentistry Now for consideration. Include a succinct summary of the acquisition, partnership, de novo location(s), funding, sale or more with details. Email to [email protected].
GDN may ask for more information, and from time-to-time, may feature a story which could include an interview, etc. GDN reserves the right to refuse publication of any deal for any reason.
Looking for a Job? Looking to Fill a Job? JoinDSO.com can help:Subscribe for free to the most-read and respected
resource for DSO analysis, news & events:Read what our subscribers & advertisers think of us: