Consolidation is stronger than ever and Group Dentistry Now is the only place to find the
complete list of monthly deals to keep you informed on the ever-shifting dental landscape.
Here is GDN’s exclusive list of DSO and emerging group deals for November:
Emerging Group to Watch in 2022 winner, Oakpoint, announced the onboarding of its 38th partner practice. The growing group is headquartered in Raleigh, NC. With the addition of this eighteen-operatory practice, Oakpoint extends their footprint into Greenville, NC. While Oakpoint is primarily an affiliation-based strategy, they are hyper-focused on strategic de novo initiatives as well as same location growth. PE-backed, Oakpoint’s long term growth plan for the next five+ years is to support 150 doctors and clinical teams across an integrated platform. The group is led by Mick Janness, CEO.
Dallas, Texas-based MB2 recently executed a brand refresh, including an updated logo, color palette, brand positioning, and tagline – “Power to the Partners.” Additionally, Athens Dentistry for Children (advised by Tusk Partners) recently partnered with the DPO.
- Palm View Dental, Dr. Karen Ho, Alhambra, CA
- Cornerstone Dental, Dr. Benjamin Bunt, Van, TX
- Around the Mountain Pediatric Dentistry, Drs. Kirk Robertson, Jessica Robertson, Crystal Bill and David Ho, Flagstaff (2), Cottonwood, Lakeside, AZ
- Maitland Dentistry, Dr. James Midkiff, Maitland, FL
- Great Smile Baltimore, Dr. Suresh Pattanashetti, Towson, MD (MB2’s 500th partnership)
- River Rock Family Dental, Dr. Richard Valbuena, Lawrence, KS
- Downtown Dental Syracuse, Drs. Chris Zimmerman and Tyler Mead, Syracuse, NY
- O’Bryan Advanced Dentistry in Coos Bay, Oregon
- Birdseye Dentistry in Los Angeles, California
- Sheets Family Dentistry in Jackson, Michigan
- Dr. Andy Tran – Bonita Dental in Houston, TX
- Dr. Joseph Terranova – Hazlet General & Cosmetic Dentistry in Hazlet, NJ
- Dr. Andrew Forrest – Orange Park Dental Partners in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Dr. Jared Shulman – Coral Springs Dental Center in Coral Springs, FL
This brings FDP’s total number of partner practices to 22. The growing group is headquartered in Alpharetta, GA and was founded in 2019. Adam Ditto is the CEO.
Endodontic Practice Partners (EPP), a Nashville-based specialty partnership organization, announced its expansion into Texas with the addition of North Dallas Endodontics. The new partnership, with 14 doctors and 11 locations, is the largest and most significant to date for Endodontic Practice Partners, an RC Capital portfolio company. This expansion marks EPP’s positive trajectory with a total of 64 doctors and 43 locations. EPP also recently welcomed Florida’s St. Johns Endodontics and their three doctors – Dr. John M. (“Obie”) Sullivan, Dr. Thomas P. Currie, and Dr. Alex McClure. The business is led by founder Dr. Yogesh Patel.
Following its newest acquisitions, Sage Dental has eight dental offices in the Tampa and Lakeland area and 85 plus practices in total throughout Florida and Georgia, serving more than 250,000 patients. The two new offices are located at: 3736 Turman Loop, Wesley Chapel, FL 33544 and 10317 Cross Creek Blvd, Suite A, Tampa, FL 33647.
Canadian dental service organization MCA Dental Group Ltd. is in market, according to The Deal. RBC Capital Markets is running the auction for the DSO, according to two sources with knowledge of the process. First-round bids were expected by Nov. 17, one of the sources said. Ottawa-based MCA has pro forma EBITDA in the neighborhood of C$15 million ($11.3 million), according to the sources. MCA is backed by Persistence Capital Partners LP and DWS Group GmbH & Co. KGaA’s private equity unit.
Emerging Group to Watch in 2022 winner, PepperPointe, announced a new partnership with 11 orthodontic and pediatric dental practices, 15 doctor partners, and 24 office locations in Virginia. This marks the second group practice formed with the support of PepperPointe this year. PepperPointe serves 136 locations and more than 150 doctors throughout Kentucky, New York, and now Virginia. Founded in 2017 and based in Lexington, Ky., the group is led by Dr. Greg White, president and CEO.
BOND launched earlier this year to support orthodontists. With the addition of Allen Orthodontics, which is located in Oceanside, CA, the BOND platform now has 10+ locations in markets across Arizona, Idaho, and California. Sheila Bracker is the COO and co-founder of Bond.
- Western Dental Opens New Selma Office in California to Increase Access and Equity of Oral Healthcare to the Central Valley Community
Western Dental & Orthodontics, a member of the Sonrava Health family of wellness companies, celebrated the grand opening of a new office in the Central Valley community of Selma, California. Western Dental and its affiliates have opened eight new offices in 2022, expanding access to care in 264 locations in California (including nearly 50 in the Central Valley), Arizona, and Nevada.
- Sahara Dental Center and Las Vegas Smile Center Join Sonrava Health
Sonrava Health announced that Sahara Dental Center and Las Vegas Smile Center are the latest dental practices to join its family of wellness companies. Sonrava Health affiliates now have 4 dental offices in the state of Nevada, and more offices are planned to be built out in 2023.
- Western Dental Relocates and Expands Office to Downtown Oakland’s Central Business District
Western Dental & Orthodontics, a member of the Sonrava Health family of wellness companies, announced the relocation of its Oakland office, which has been serving the community for more than 20 years. The 4,620-square-foot office opened on November 14, 2022 and is located at 1618 Franklin Street in the heart of Downtown Oakland’s bustling Central Business District. The office has 16 treatment rooms – including four dedicated to endodontic and pediatric dentistry – and all new dental equipment.
Altogether, Sonrava Health dental affiliates, including Brident Dental and Orthodontics , DentalWorks, Mid-Atlantic Dental Partners, Perfect Teeth, Vital Smiles, and Western Dental & Orthodontics, have 582 offices in 20 U.S. states coast to coast from California to Maryland and border to border from Michigan to Texas.
- Woodland Park Dental Associates. With this addition, the DSO now has 19 locations within the state of New Jersey, and over 100 locations throughout New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Woodland Park Dental Associates is led by Dr. Jeffrey Ruggiero.
Shaghalian Family Dental. Located in Rumford, RI, this location further expands the DSO’s presenese in Rhode Island. Shaghalian Family Dental was established in 1940 and has had three generations of Shaghalian dentists work there.
Marquee Dental Partners announced its partnership with Lumina Dental. Lumina is a two-practice dental brand located in the Tampa, Florida market. With the addition of Lumina Dental, Marquee Dental Partners now supports partners in 65 offices across 5 states: Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama and Florida. Marquee Dental Partners is led by Fred Ward, CEO.
New England Dental Group (NEDG) Expands in Back Bay Boston
This location is the emerging dental group’s eighth location. NEDG has locations in Boston, Chelmsford, Marlborough, Southborough, Wilmington, Worcester & Londonderry and Windham, NH. The group was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Southborough, Massachusetts.
Emerging Group to Watch in 2022 winner, The Smilist Management, Inc., announced its expansion into the state of Connecticut with its first partner, Dr. Daniel Tseng of Danbury Dental Group. Dr. Tseng has been practicing for the Danbury community for over 20 years. The Smilist was founded in 2014 has rapidly grown in the Northeast, supporting dental offices in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut.
- Alsbury Dental and Lifeway Dental
Dental Care Alliance (DCA) announced the expansion of its footprint in the Dallas Fort Worth area with the addition of Alsbury Dental and Lifeway Dental. Alsbury Dental and Lifeway Dental is a four-doctor, two-location general dentistry practice with locations in Burleson and Alvarado, Texas, south of Fort Worth. With the growing footprint in the DFW area consisting of eight practice locations that collectively cover all dental services, DCA is strategically building market density to serve the lifetime needs of patients in these communities.
- Mascolo Dental in Long Island
Mascolo Dental of East Northport on Long Island in New York, led by Raymond Mascolo, DDS, is newly affiliated with DCA. Dr. Raymond Mascolo is a 1980 graduate of Georgetown. His son, Thomas Mascolo, DMD, joined the practice eight years ago. This affiliation continues the rapid growth and momentum for the organization and brings DCA’s footprint in New York to 20 allied practices, and DCA’s total footprint to over 390 allied practices across the US. With eight affiliated practices in Long Island, seven of which were added in the past 15 months, DCA is strategically building market density in the area to serve the lifetime needs of patients across all specialties in these communities.
U.S. Oral Surgery Management (USOSM) – a specialty management services company that exclusively serves oral and maxillofacial surgeons – announced four new partnerships across three states: Texas, Illinois and Washington. The new partner practices include: Oral & Facial Surgery Group of East Texas; Caprock Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery of West Texas; Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons for Northern Illinois; and Central Sound Oral, Facial & Implant Surgery of Washington state. Founded in November 2017, USOSM now has more than 170 oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMS) practice locations across 24 states. In addition, it has a 100% partner practice retention rate and nearly 50% of the company is owned by the oral surgeons themselves.
- Dr. Tony Bain, DDS is based in Texas and has over 28 years of experience in pediatric dentistry. Dr. Bain graduated from Baylor College of Dentistry in 1993 and completed his Certificate of Pediatric Dentistry in 1995. He opened his first practice in 2006 and is proud to be the first pediatric dentist in this city.
- Dr. Guy Gross, Dr. Kate Gross, and the team at New Horizons Dental Practice Management (NHDPM). NHDPM is a family business that started in 1978. In 2018, NHDPM received the “Crown Council Team of The Year” award, which is based on criteria such as continuing education, team development, and practice culture.
- Dr. Jason Stoner and his team at Stoner Periodontic & Implant Specialists. Founded in 2001 by Dr. Stoner, Stoner Periodontic & Implant Specialists have provided the families of Central Ohio with periodontal care and implantology for over 20 years.
Smilebliss Orthodontics Grows to 15 Locations
Smilebliss Orthodontics™ is an operational model that allows orthodontists to retain full ownership of their practices and access DSO-level strategy and operational support to accelerate growth. Smilebliss™ helps orthodontic practice owners identify underserved markets and offers a ready-to-go practice model suited for a new practice or an existing practice. Founded in 2021 and headquartered in Metairie, Louisiana, Angela Weber is the president of Smilebliss™.
Cardone Ventures Announce Partnership with Shore Smiles Dental
Shore Smiles, owned by Dr. Jigar Gandhi and based in New York, specializes in complex dental implants and full mouth restorations. Based in Scottsdale, Cardone Ventures is led by co-founder and CEO, Brandon Dawson. The Shore Smiles Dental team hopes to expand their services to the rest of the United States with the help of Cardone Ventures.
- Chesapeake Oral Surgery Associates. Dr. Richard B. Garden’s practice is just outside of Baltimore in Severna Park, Maryland. His office is also home to the Chesapeake Dental Implant Institute. Dr. Garden created this nonprofit educational institute that is dedicated to educating the dental and medical community in Anne Arundel County and surrounding areas.
- South Orange County Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Adam T. Clark and his team are located in Aliso Viejo, CA. Dr. Clark practices the full scope of oral & maxillofacial surgery with expertise in wisdom teeth extraction, dental implants, and orthognathic surgery and he and his team are trained in general anesthesia.
Founded in 2018, US Endo currently provides support to more than 250 endodontists in 33 states. US Endo Partners recently announced its expansion into multi-specialty, integrated oral healthcare with the addition of a sister company, Specialized Dental Partners (SDP). Scotte Hudsmith is CEO for both US Endo and SDP. Their newest additions are:
- Superstition Springs Endodontics from Mesa, AZ and their team of endodontists, Drs. Jason Hales, Matthew Tonioli, Jason Barney, and Christopher Kayafas, join the specialty DSO.
- Dr. Dean ElAttrache from Laskin Endo in Virginia Beach, VA.
Smile Doctors is continuing its strategic growth as the largest ortho-focused dental support organization (OSO) in the U.S. with entrance into Arkansas and Utah in Q3 2022, bringing the total number of states in the Smile Doctors network of leading orthodontic practices to 27. The group is led by J. Hedrick, CEO.
With this expansion into Arkansas and Utah also comes continued growth in six other states. Smile Doctors’ total number of affiliated clinics now stands at 359 with the addition of eight practices, 13 doctors and 15 clinics.
- Graham Orthodontics (Utah)
- Whitlock Orthodontics (Arkansas)
- Roanoke Valley Orthodontics (Virginia)
- Fruge Orthodontics (Louisiana)
- Prairie Ridge Orthodontics (Minnesota)
- Boren Orthodontics (Texas)
- Belli and Streit Orthodontics (Ohio)
- Dr. Jill Bruno Orthodontics (Maryland)
One year ago, GPS partnered with their first Texas practice and now they have expanded to a total of ten offices in the state. Their newest partner is Dr. Chip Mercer along with six new brands. Guided Practice Solutions was founded in 2015 by Dr. Hunter Smith and Dr. William Little. It is headquartered in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
Revenue for the third quarter 2022 was $312.1 million, an increase of $61.9 million or 24.7% over the third quarter 2021. The increase in revenue for the quarter was driven by incremental revenue from acquired practices, and same practice revenue growth. dentalcorp acquired 14 dental practices during the third quarter 2022, which are expected to generate a total of approximately $12.9 million in PF Adjusted EBITDA, for total consideration of $104.1 million. As at September 30, 2022, the company owned 538 dental practices in Canada compared to 458 practices at December 31, 2021.
Rock Dental Brands announced today that it has affiliated with Coastline Orthodontics in Jacksonville, Fla. The move represents the dental practice management group’s entry into the Florida market. It now manages 102 dental offices in Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Alabama and Florida. Rock Dental Brands is headquartered in Little Rock, Ark. Rock Dental Brands has more than doubled its business and affiliated with 37 additional practices since 2019, and expansion is planned to continue. The dental and orthodontics practice management organization announced in September that it secured $45 million in credit commitments from Chicago-based Twin Brook Capital in order to help fund more growth.
Vista Verde Dental Partners announced a new partnership with Doctors Tyler Jensen and Nicholas Bussa to open their own Britely Dentures + Implants Studio in the greater Saint Paul area. Founded in 2019 and supported by Vista Verde Dental Partners, Britely Dentures + Implants Studio is led by Dustin Netral, President and CEO.
- McMillian Orthodontics, led by Dr. Alison McMillian and her associate, Dr. Ivette Daly, join the group with their two locations in Greensboro, NC. This is the group’s first partnership in North Carolina.
- Santelli Orthodontics, with locations in Boca Raton and Wellington, Florida, is led by Dr. Brad Santelli and is myOrtho’s first partnership in the Sunshine State.
- South Shore Orthodontics in Cohasset, MA. South Shore Orthodontics is myOrtho’s third location within the region.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Pearl Street is a partnership-oriented dental practice management company with 32 partner practices and over 350 employees in Texas and Oklahoma. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the group is led by David Meece, co-founder and CEO.
Founded in 2007 and led by Dr. Jason Auerbach, Riverside Oral Surgery Management, LLC has received a strategic investment led by MedEquity Capital, LLC and RF Investment Partners, LLC. Based in River Edge, New Jersey, Riverside Oral Surgery currently operates multiple surgical facilities across five counties in the state.
- Absolute Dental Care in Virginia Beach, VA, which is led by Dr. Michael P. Folck.
- Devine Dentistry in Nashville, TN, which is led by Dr. Brian E. Devine
GDN’s DSO Deal Roundup
-Acquisitions, De Novos, Partnerships, Funding-
Please provide any new DSO or dental deals to Group Dentistry Now for consideration.
Include a succinct summary of the acquisition, partnership, de novo location(s), funding, sale or more with details.
Email to email@example.com.
GDN may ask for more information, and from time-to-time, may feature a story which could include an interview, etc.
GDN reserves the right to refuse publication of any deal for any reason.