Dental support organization (DSO) and dental group practice consolidation continues to remain steady. Group Dentistry Now is the only resource providing a complete list of monthly deals in one convenient place, keeping you informed on the ever-shifting dental landscape. Here is GDN’s exclusive list of DSO and emerging group deals for October:
TUSK Partners, the premiere dental-focused M&A advisor, advised:
- ALFA Dentistry in its partnership with Heartland Dental. The transaction was led by Yazen Abusad, Associate of M&A. Alex Cherniavsky, Taylor Adams, and Sam Lupton spearheaded the diligence and analytics efforts for TUSK. Under the leadership of Dr. John Aronson and Anne Marie Aronson, ALFA Dentistry has provided dental care to the surrounding Pittsburgh community for over 30 years.
- Reed Orthodontics in its partnership with Southern Orthodontic Partners. The transaction was led by Josh Swearingen, Director of M&A. Alex Cherniavsky and Sam Lupton spearheaded the diligence and analytics efforts for TUSK. Under the leadership of Dr. Barbara Reed, Reed Orthodontics is located in the greater Naples, Florida area and has been serving the community for 20 years.
Building on 50 years of collaboration and success, doctor-owned Park Dental and The Dental Specialists have announced the formation of Park Dental Partners. Considered pioneers in the dental group space, learn more about their history and their new dental resource organization (DRO) model HERE.
In Q3, Smile Doctors, the largest OSO in the nation welcomed Fort Worth Orthodontic Specialists (TX), Thrive Orthodontics & Thrive Pediatric Dentistry (NJ), Best Smiles Orthodontics (FL), Lepley Orthodontics (TX), CC Braces (TX), McReath Orthodontics (WI), and Dau Orthodontics (FL) to the Smile Doctors network, growing the number of affiliated locations to over 415 across 28 states. In addition to new affiliations, Smile Doctors celebrated a de novo opening in June with a state-of-the-art office in Arlington, Virginia as part of Dr. Zach Casagrande’s Northern Virginia Orthodontics.
The Smilist Management recently added two new affiliations:
- Cromwell Dental in Cromell, CT
- The Silverstrom Group in Livingston, NJ
Progressive Dental Concepts, LLC announced its latest acquisition, Premier Dental of Gettysburg, marking a significant milestone. With this most recent addition, PDC now owns and manages a total of 19 dental practices across central Pennsylvania.
Coolum Beach Dental, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, joins Australia-based Impression Dental Group. At the helm of Coolum Beach Dental is Dr. Henry Sinclair and Kimberley Sinclair. The practice has five operatories. With this new addition, Impression Dental Group now has an impressive network of over 20 sites. Impression Dental Group is led by Mark O’Brien, CEO.
United Dental Corporation announced the acquisition of Georgia-based prosthodontics practice, Dr. Hal N. Arnold, D.M.D. M.S. Esthetic & Implant Dentistry. UDC’s latest partnership expands its existing presence in Georgia to three practices and represents the thirteenth practice acquisition since commencing its acquisition strategy in October 2022.
The Advanced Dental Implant Center network, supported by Affordable Care, continues to grow, adding the following location:
- Amherst Village Dental – Amherst, New Hampshire
Affordable Care’s Affordable Dentures & Implants network opened one new location so far in October:
- Affordable Dentures & Implants in Nampa, ID
- Affordable Dentures & Implants in West Valley City, UT
Featherstone Periodontics and Implant Dentistry has opened its 4th location in Madison Wisconsin. Dr. Katrine Andreasen and Yolanda Cardenas are leading the way in their new region. They are starting out small with just a few operatories and have aspirations to grow. Jeffrey Burch, DMD, MS is the founder of Featherstone Periodontics & Implant Dentistry, Rockford Pediatric Dentistry, and Burch Dental Partners.
HighFive Healthcare secured financing to refinance debt. The financing will be used to refinance the company’s existing debt and support near-term acquisitions. It follows a recent $100 million growth investment led by Norwest. Founded in 2018. HighFive focuses on the acquisition and development of endodontic and oral surgery practices in the southeastern United States.
Shared Practices Group opened new locations:
- Chicago Dentures and Implants in Chicago, IL, led by Dr. Sam Kang
- Stockbridge in Atanta, GA, led by Dr. Sean Lan
Specialized Dental Partners announced latest additions:
- Dr. Evan Novick of Novick Endodontics in Charlotte, NC
- Dr. Oscar Peña of OMP Endodontics in Tucson, AZ
- Dr. Eric Breme of Garden City Endodontics in Garden City, NY
Fort Bend Dental announced move to new location in Rosenberg, Texas. Previously located at 1601 Main Street in Richmond, Fort Bend Dental has moved to 28151 Southwest Freeway in Rosenberg, TX. The group also has a Missouri City, Texas location.
- Quakertown Family Dental, located in Quakertown, PA. Quakertown Family Dental started 30 years ago and is led by Dr. Brian Schoenly, DMD and Dr. Majid Dastgir, DMD.
- Dr. Michael T. Ward in Newton, NJ. He has been serving Sussex County since 1993.
42 North celebrated the opening of Gentle Dental in Hanover, Massachusetts.
Wal-Mart Health opened its 17th center. This one is located in Jacksonville, Florida.
GPS Dental welcomes their newest partners:
- Greeley Dental Care in Greeley, CO
- Bayshore Dental Center, Florida
Imagen Dental Partners welcomed Laguna Family Dentistry which is located in Southern California and is led by Dr. Alex Kalmanovich.
Guardian Dentistry Partners makes acquisitions:
- Dr. Mitch Milan, Birmingham Center for Cosmetic Dentistry, Birmingham, MI
- Dr. Cheryl Callahan, Callahan Dental, Rockville, MD
- Dr. Tamara Volkova, Collegeville Dental Center, Collegeville, PA
- Dr. Louis Siegelman, New York, NY
Dental Care Alliance welcomes two new practices:
- Sparkling Smiles of Fayetteville, GA, a two-doctor single location general practice located in Fayetteville, GA. Established in 1983 by Dr. Dave Lee, Dr. Lee continues to practice today with his daughter Dr. Lauren Polito.
- Hodosh Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry, a two-doctor single location general practice located in Providence, Rhode Island. The practice, currently owned by Dr. Alex Hodosh, was founded by Dr. Hodosh’s father, Dr. Milton Hodosh, in 1954. This affiliation marks DCA’s entry into Rhode Island, enlarging its footprint to a total of 23 states.
Taylor Choice Dental recently had its grand opening in Taylor, Texas. As a sister practice to Cove Choice Dental in Copperas Cove and Temple Choice Dental in Temple, this is the third practice in a network. Taylor Choice Dental is led by Dr. Daood Alvi.
Heartland Dental announced new openings:
- Enclave Dental Care, Chattanooga, TN
- Standiford Plaza Dental Care, Louisville, KY
- Dental Care at Cedar Crossing, Louisville, KY
- West End Dental Care, Madison, WI
- Walker Dental Care, Grand Rapids, MI
- Dentila, Orlando, Florida
- Bayview Dental Care, Pensacola, Florida
- Dentistry of Fort Myers, Fort Myers, Florida
UK-based Todays Dental, a fast-growing dental group, which is backed by the Richardson family business alongside Lonsdale Capital Partners, has confirmed that Harborne Dental Practice has joined the group. Based in Birmingham, Harborne Dental Practice is a three-surgery practice established 1997 by owner Dr Kirsty Robinson. Rob Paxman is the CEO at Todays Dental.
Haynes Road Dental Practice in Wiltshire, England has been acquired by a larger Southwest-based group, IM Smile, for an undisclosed sum. Haynes Road Dental Practice is predominantly a private practice, IM Smile also has branches in Corsham, Bath and Wincanton.
Bupa Dental Care North Walsham was put up for sale earlier this year after the private healthcare provider announced it would close, sell or merge 85 of its 475 practices in the UK and Ireland. Bupa said the decision was made due to a national dentist shortage and increased costs caused by inflation. Now, The Dental Design Studio is set to purchase the Market Place practice.
UK-based Dentex Health welcomes Lindley Dental in Huddersfield, England. It is led Dr Sharon Jardine.
- Sage Dental of Acworth
- Sage Dental of Maitland
- Sage Dental of the Villages at Warm Springs
- Sage Dental of South Miami
- Sage Dental of Land O’ Lakes
- Sage Dental of Titusville
- Sage Dental of Siesta Row
- Sage Dental of Alafaya
- Sage Dental of Newnan
- Sage Dental of Wesley Chapel Specialty Center
- Sage Dental of Carrollton
- Sage Dental of Loganville
- Sage Dental of Kennesaw
- Narducci Dental Group (13 practices)
The practices in Acworth, Kennesaw, Land O’ Lakes, Loganville, Siesta Row, Titusville, Warm Springs, and Wesley Chapel are all newly launched Sage locations, and the other sites were established following the acquisition of an existing dental practice.
Southern Family Dental Partners announced the newest practice to join the group, New Beginnings Dental, the office of Dr. John Biancalana. This marks SFDP’s first expansion into Alabama and their 16th location.
DONTE GROUP continues with the expansion of its MAEX brand with the addition of its fifth clinic in Spain. The center in San Sebastián is a benchmark in oral and maxillofacial surgery. This new clinic joins the other MAEX centers located in Malaga, Santiago, Ferrol and A Coruña. Javier Martín is the CEO of DONTE GROUP. This Klinika Maxilaris is directed by Dr. Javier Elizondo, who more than 20 years of experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers opens its 96th location. It is in Knoxville, TN and is led by Dr. Kennedy.
The DSO Deal RoundUp is sponsored by TUSK Partners, the premier M&A Advisor for Large Practices and DSOs looking to maximize the value of their practice in a sale. With an in-depth understanding of the marketplace, collective experience of over 50+ years, and access to 100’s of buyers nationwide, TUSK helps their clients confidently pursue M&A transactions that maximize their long-term value. They offer their clients solutions that help them achieve their strategic and financial objectives. If you’re interested in knowing the true value of your practice, click here for a complimentary practice valuation.