Three Healthcare Practices in One Convenient Location
Allows Patients To Get Complete Picture of Their Health.
Committed to the whole-body health of patients, leading dental support organization Pacific Dental Services® (PDS®) announces three healthcare practices in one convenient location with the opening of Union Village Modern Dentistry, Union Village Kid’s Dentistry, and Union Village Medical Group. This healthcare collaboration is an innovative new concept that increases access to care and enables patients to be seen by medical and dental professionals who understand the critical link between oral health and whole-body health. Sarah Oweis, DMD, and physician Elena Garcia, M.D. have partnered to offer patients an integrated, holistic approach to their healthcare.
The new dental-medical concept practice seeks to treat the whole person, not just specialized treatment related to teeth or medical, as is generally the case in health care. There is overwhelming evidence to show that bacteria and inflammation in the mouth can indicate and even cause systemic conditions throughout the body. PDS calls this the Mouth-Body Connection®. These conditions of the mouth, including gum disease, have been linked with other medical conditions such as oral cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis and more. The reverse is also true: Certain diseases or medical ailments can spur or even exacerbate oral problems.
“For years, dental providers have known that the oral cavity is the ‘gateway’ to a patient’s overall health. When infection and disease go untreated, including cavities and periodontal disease, the inflammatory response in the mouth creates an overflow effect – chronic inflammation – which can lead to systemic conditions. This is why it is essential for medical and dental professionals to better communicate on behalf of patients. I am thrilled to be a leader in bridging that connection and increasing the collaboration between dental and medical professionals to help ensure better systemic health outcomes for patients.” – Elena Garcia, M.D.
Furthermore, PDS was the first DSO in the world to implement Epic®, the most widely-used comprehensive health records system, into supported practices. Using Epic, these three healthcare practices can easily exchange patient data for improved patient care, with integrated health records painting a complete picture of a patient’s health, allowing health care providers to better map out a lifestyle plan designed to help them achieve and maintain optimal well-being. Patients also experience incredible benefits to being able to see their acute, primary, and dental health history all in one place. This powerful tool helps connect what is happening in their mouth with the rest of their body, leading to better overall health for the patient and allowing them to take control of their well-being.
“Imagine a patient being able to get their teeth checked by a dentist, and based on gum inflammation noted in their records, their doctor can order tests to check their heart. With these new healthcare practices and their integrated technology, that is now a reality for patients to receive unprecedented care. Technology is key to dental-medical integration and whole-body health. This is the future. And Pacific Dental Services is at the forefront of it.” – Sarah Oweis, DMD
The collaboration offers a variety of health care services, including primary medical care, oral health care for adult and pediatric patients, salivary testing, preventative medicine and arterial health, pulmonary treatments and testing, chronic disease management, sleep studies, ultrasounds, standard and comprehensive blood testing, medical and surgery clearance, hormone and testosterone therapies, Botox and Juvederm services, and more. Together, these practices fulfill the vision of bringing modern, integrated healthcare to local neighborhoods.
PDS-supported practices are committed to clinical excellence and providing the Perfect Patient Experience® through modern dentistry with advanced, proven technology. These clinical treatment tools are at the forefront of oral and whole-body health care and include CEREC® CAD/CAM same-day crowns, cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) and digital X-rays, soft tissue diode lasers, salivary diagnostics, and the VELscope® oral cancer screening system.
Founded in 1994, Pacific Dental Services (PDS) is one of the country’s leading dental support organizations, providing supported autonomy that enables dentists to concentrate on clinical excellence and the highest levels of cost-effective comprehensive patient care. PDS originated the Private Practice+® model to enable dentists to focus on their passion: serving patients. PDS also pioneered the concept of Modern Dentistry so that dentists are equipped to combine advances in the latest technology with the best operational practices and procedures, highly skilled support staff and a commitment to ongoing training and education. PDS continues to grow, with more than 800 supported dental offices across the United States. PDS has been on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in America 14 times. PDS supported dentists aim to be the provider of choice in all the markets they serve and to develop Patients for Life™.
Sources: PR Newswire
Union Village Modern Dentistry: https://www.unionvillagemoderndentistry.com
Union Village Kid’s Dentistry: https://www.unionvillagekidsdentistry.com
Union Village Healthcare Group: https://www.unionvillagemedicalgroup.com
More PDS articles:
- DSO Opens 11 Practices In One Day And Surpasses 800th Supported Dental Practice Milestone
- PDS® Foundation Continues to Demonstrate Culture of Service with $440,179 in Donated Dentistry in Ethiopia
- What is the Owner Dentist Model and How Has it Contributed to PDS’ Latest Impressive Milestone?
- PDS Enters New Market, Teams up with Baltimore Orioles, and Breaks Technology Records
- The Group Dentistry Now Show: The Voice of the DSO Industry – Episode 3: New Special Needs Dentistry Clinic
- Pacific Dental Services Foundation is Making a Difference in Special Needs Dentistry
- DSO With a Deeply Rooted Culture of Service, Transforms a Community With Energy and Purpose
- Large DSO Demonstrates its Commitment to Competitive Growth in the Oral Healthcare Industry
- Which Dental Groups Practices, DSOs, and Dental Companies Made Inc. 5000’s 2018 List?
- What Matters Most in Life? One DSO Gives their Answer
- Sharing a Love of Service: A Young Dentist Reflects on Life as a Pacific Dental Services-Supported Dentist
- These DSOs Take a Stand Against Oral Cancer
- ‘INC 5000 2017’ lists Dental Group Practices & DSOs Among fastest-growing private companies in America
- DSO Gives Back to Community One Smile at a Time
- Pacific Dental Services Foundation and Sugar Land Modern Dentistry Partner to Provide Dental Care to Special Needs Community
- DSO Foundation partners with Community Groups to Donate Dental Services
- Pacific Dental Services Foundation partners with Autism Speaks and Concorde Career College to Provide Special Needs Dental Care Training
- DSO Focuses on Special Needs Patients
- Pacific Dental Services Reaches Milestone While Shattering Perception
- Dental Support Organization Bill Unanimously Passes in Washington State
Watch our interview with PDS’ CEO and founder, Stephen Thorne:
Looking for a Job? Looking to Fill a Job? JoinDSO.com can help:Subscribe for free to the most-read and respected
resource for DSO analysis, news & events:Read what our subscribers & advertisers think of us: