Specialty management services company U.S. Oral Surgery Management (USOSM) has experienced remarkable growth this past six months, despite the widespread economic disruptions caused by COVID-19.
OSOSM exclusively serves premier oral and maxillofacial surgeons. There are approximately 7,500 oral surgeons practicing in the U.S., and 94% of them operate independently. The oral surgery market is a $14 billion industry.
“When our company was founded just a few short years ago, none of us could have accurately foreseen the depth and breadth of a worldwide pandemic like COVID-19; but thankfully, we have outstanding surgeon partners, and a talented, motivated team, who have all worked hard and sacrificed to help our company and our partner practices to not only survive but to thrive during this tumultuous time.” – Richard Hall, President and CEO, USOSM
Another contributor to the DSO’s substantial growth may be economic concerns fueled by COVID-19.
Completing six new partnerships since October of 2020, the new partnerships include 11 locations in four states – Georgia, Oklahoma, Louisiana and South Carolina. And the specialty DSO is not done yet. During the next few months, they plan to announce new agreements in Florida.
Since its inception, USOSM has formed partnerships with approximately 31+ practices. Headquartered in Irving, Texas, USOSM has partner practices spanning nine states: Texas, Colorado, Georgia, Tennessee, Minnesota, Alabama, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and now South Carolina, adding Atlantic Oral Surgery and Implant Center just last week as the first official partner in the state.
The company vision is “to be the oral surgery management company most admired for its people, partnership model and performance.”
To ensure good patient outcomes guide their decision-making, USOSM requires surgeon representation in their governance through active participation on their Clinical Governance Board. The Clinical Governance Board provides a voice in the management of a broad range of network activities including, clinical quality standards, compliance assessments, and professional development through continuing education programs and study clubs.
USOSM Clinical Governance Board:
- Colin S. Bell, DDS, MSD, Chief Clinical Officer, Chief Compliance Officer
- Wendell A. “Wedge” Edgin, DDS, Secretary of Clinical Governance Board
- Dr. Thomas S. Weil, DDS, MD, Chair of Clinical Governance Board
- Douglas J. Dingwerth, DMD, MD
- P. Angie Rake, DDS
- J. David Johnson, DDS
- Gregg L. Lurcott, DDS
- David K. Hunter, DDS
- Michael P. Ding, DDS, MD
- Vincent J. Perciaccante DDS, FACS
- Vincent Montgomery, DMD
The USOSM executive team:
- Richard Hall, President and CEO
- Henry Moomaw, Chief Financial Officer
- Courtney Harman, Chief Operating Officer
- Colin S. Bell, DDS, MSD, Chief Clinical Officer
- Chad Ehmke, Chief Information Officer
- Jim Sloan, Vice President of Business Development
- Todd Nickerson, Vice President of Business Development
- Annette Igl, Vice President of Human Resources
- Mary Nixon, Vice President of Practice Transition
- Ashley Leffingwell, Vice President, Controller
Read other USOSM articles here:
- Oral Surgery Specialty DSO Offers Scalable Solution In Highly Competitive Healthcare Landscape
- Oral Surgery Dental Management Group Add Locations And Forms Clinical Governance Board
Looking for a Job? Looking to Fill a Job? JoinDSO.com can help:Subscribe for free to the most-read and respected
resource for DSO analysis, news & events:Read what our subscribers & advertisers think of us: