According to the National Association of Dental Plans, approximately 71.6 million Americans did not have dental insurance benefits at the end of 2017. Given that cost is often found to be a driving factor for patients when it comes to dental care, it’s no wonder that those with insurance are more likely to maintain regular oral health visits, while those without dental insurance report higher incidences of systemic issues such as heart disease, osteoporosis and diabetes. As a way to improve access to affordable dental care, Mortenson Dental Partners has recently launched a new alternative to dental insurance, called the Smiles360 Dental Savings Club, across all of its regions.
The Smiles360 Dental Savings Club
A membership with Smiles360 Dental Savings Club provides patients with routine services at no additional cost. This includes cleanings, exams and fluoride treatments, as well as any necessary x-rays and one emergency visit each year. In addition, generous discounts are available for a variety of treatments, with 50% off periodontal services and 25% off all other treatments, such as fillings, crowns and extractions. Members even get 10% off comprehensive orthodontic treatment. Benefits are available as soon as the patient signs up, with no hidden fees or complicated paperwork.
Plan Types and Fees
Smiles360 memberships are available as single, dual and family plans. Annual membership fees start at $269 for individuals, $479 for a dual, and $825 for a family of four. Additional members can be added for an additional $125. MDP was able to keep its administrative costs relatively low by integrating Smiles360 into its existing systems. “We wanted to keep memberships affordable for the public while covering the costs of what is included in the plan,” noted Dr. William Engilman, President and Chief Information Officer at Mortenson Dental Partners.
How to Join
Smiles360 is available to patients of all of MDP’s individual brands. In an effort to make the registration process as easy and convenient as possible, there are multiple ways patients can sign up. These include the Smiles360 website at www.smiles360dental.com, by phone at 888-380-0399, or in person at any MDP practice across the country. Those who prefer to pay by check can do so by downloading a printable form from the Smiles360 website and mailing it to Plan Administrator, PO Box 436869, Louisville, KY 40253. They can also bring the completed form to an MDP practice.
Read more articles about MDP here:
- Weathering the COVID-19 Storm: Interview with Dr. Blair Brown of Mortenson Family Dental
- Looking To The Future Of Your Dental Practice
- Not Your Typical DSO: MDP Maximizes Reimbursement Rates Through Optimization Efforts
- New Website From Mortenson Dental Partners Highlights The Value Of Joining The DSO
- What One DSO Is Doing To Help Fight The Opioid Crisis
- Using Big Data To Drive Big Decisions And Grow Your Group Of Dental Practices
- Question & Answer With Mortenson Family Dental’s Director Of Information Technology
- Mortenson’s Founder Retires, Names New CEO
- The Group Dentistry Now Show: The Voice Of The DSO Industry – Episode 4, with Dale Sanford, VP Mktg & Dev, MDP
- Inaugural ‘DSO Influencers To Watch’ List Revealed!
- DSO CEO & Founder Wins ‘Excellence In Leadership’ Award
- Networking, Trends And More: See What You Missed At This Year’s Scaling Up Group Dental Symposium
- Mortenson Family Dental Donates To Crusade For Children
- Mortenson Family Dental And Eagle University Partner To Help Youth Succeed
- DSO Supports Youth Success Program
- Top 5 Dental Support Organizations To Watch In 2016
Looking for a Job? Looking to Fill a Job? JoinDSO.com can help:Subscribe for free to the most-read and respected
resource for DSO analysis, news & events:Read what our subscribers & advertisers think of us: